Chapter 25: Chapter Twenty-five

"You don't look well," Minerva greeted as Harry sat down at the Head Table.

"Thanks," Harry said dryly and rubbed the light stubble on his chin.

"How are you feeling?" Minerva questioned, changing tack.

"Better after sleeping the day away like a teenager."

Minerva laughed at that as Harry filled his plate. He could feel eyes on him as he tucked into the food. He was starving as he put away a large helping of Shepard's pie and sausages then went in for seconds.

"You're going to make yourself sick," Minerva warned.

Harry snorted and gave Minerva an amused look. Albus walked into the Hall and gave him a nod as he headed his way. Harry washed the food down with juice before looking around for something sweat.

"How are you, Harry?" Albus asked.

"About to make himself sick," Minerva answered before he could.

Harry just waved his hand at the woman as he plated up bread pudding and drizzled honey over the top. Albus's dancing blue eyes settled on him while Harry picked up his spoon.

"I'll be sure not to make a mess if that's the case," Harry retorted. "I noticed the Aurors on the front door?"

"You would be correct," Albus replied. "Two squads arrived this morning, including one that has been teaching your classes."

"Does that mean that I won't be getting a pay cheque this week?" Harry asked before starting on his pudding.

Albus just laughed and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Perhaps this might break the cruse," Minerva remarked and Harry focused on her. "Since lately Aurors have been teaching your classes more than you."

Harry snorted a laugh at that as Minerva looked at him with a glint in her eyes.

"That would ease my job if I didn't have to look for a new Defence teacher each year," Albus added.

"Are you already signing me up for another year, Albus?" Harry questioned.

"You do keep it entertaining around here," Albus said with a smile as he patted Harry on the shoulder once more then released him. "Take a few days to recover, Harry."

"And he means after you make yourself sick from eating too much," Minerva added and Harry gave her a smile.

xXx

Albus paused in his reading when he felt someone apparate into the room beside his office. He looked over that way then relaxed when Kingsley appeared at the door.

"Kingsley," Albus greeted with a smile. "How are you today?"

"Very well, Albus." Kingsley replied as he stepped into the office and Albus hid his disappointment when he didn't see a file, he could only gleam so much from the papers which hadn't been much. "Harry hasn't handed in his report yet."

"I'm grateful that Auror Greengrass has allowed an Auror to take over Harry's classes."

"How is he?" Kingsley questioned.

"He's healing well," Albus replied.

"Were you aware that he has two wands?"

"I thought that he was holding a different wand..."

"It's a dark coloured wand," Kingsley expanded. "I took note of it since his normal wand has an unusual colour."

"Interesting," Albus muttered as he stroked the hair of his beard and Kingsley shifted in his chair. "Do you have something else to add?"