Chapter 34: Chapter Thirty-Four

"Traitor!" Greengrass snarled and brought his wand up.

Harry calmly reached out and grabbed the Auror's wrist. Lucius hadn't moved but the Death Eaters behind him shifted.

"What do you want, Lucius?" Harry questioned.

"What we spoke of before," Lucius replied. "We've come to make your way a little easier."

The Aurors whispered and shifted behind him while Harry weighed Lucius up with his eyes.

"For family," Harry stated and Lucius nodded sharply.

"For family," Lucius repeated.

"Well," Harry called out. "We have a Ministry to take back."

Lucius gave him a grin and the Death Eaters stood to the side of the hallway to let the Aurors pass. The white Death Eater masks were a little unnerving as Harry closed the distance to Lucius.

"He's making his way up to the main entrance," Lucius announced.

"Fancy that," Harry replied with a grin. "He's heading the same way that we are. Lead the way, Mr Malfoy."

"One wrong step and I'll have you locked up in Azkaban until your nose hairs touch the ground," Greengrass threatened and Harry turned to the man.

"Nose hairs?" Harry inquired.

"You go first Swift," Greengrass demanded and Harry shrugged.

"Very well."

"That way we have time to duck the killing curse."

Harry didn't dignify that with a glare over his shoulder even if he wanted to. He was well aware of the dark humour that Aurors used to cover up their nerves. He had a job to do as Lucius fell into step with him and a Ministry to claim.

xXx

Harry knew the Ministry very well since he'd worked in both the Auror department and the Department of Mysteries for more years than he was comfortable to admit. He didn't know if it was the Marauder genes in him or not but he'd made sure that he knew as many secret ways around the Ministry that he could. Most of them would have been through the circular room but that was now locked and he could see the benefits of that room now.

Lucius led the way with Harry and a team of Aurors behind him. The other Aurors had broken up into two main teams and would be pushing any Death Eaters back towards the main entrance. Lucius was using a roundabout way up to the foyer that Harry knew. It would bring them out at a little-known door near the statue. Harry was putting his bets on the fact that the Dark Lord would have felt the spell that Albus had cast the same as Harry had.

He didn't like the way that this plan hinged on too many random aspects and yet Harry knew the Dark Lord and his hatred of Albus. Also, for the Dark Lord to hold the Ministry he had to secure the foyer. Lucius paused at an intersection and looked both ways.

"It's to the left," Harry announced.

"Yes," Lucius intoned and Kingsley muttered something under his breath from beside Harry. "Should we give the other Aurors time?"

"No," Harry answered and took the lead. "We are the distraction."

"You mean that you are," Kingsley pointed out and Harry nodded.

"Yes," Harry agreed as he came to the right door. "Give me time to get his attention."

"How are you planning on doing that?"

Harry gave the dark man a grin and pushed the door open. Noise and chaos rolled over them as Harry took in the battle field that used to be the entrance to the Ministry of Magic. Death Eaters and Aurors clashed as Ministry workers still tried to get to the fireplaces and to safety. They were bunched up on the other side of the foyer from Harry and his team. Then there was Albus closer to the fireplaces and was holding ground there. Harry's eyes then noticed Severus and he cursed under his breath. The man was supposed to be safe at Hogwarts.