Chapter 24: Chapter Twenty-four

Severus started awake when he heard a glass break and a thump. He found himself out of bed before he registered that he was moving. He quickly pulled on pants and a shirt before ripping the door open then froze. Harry laid sprawled out over the floor on his side. Severus rushed forward with his heart in his throat as he landed on his knees besides the man. He grabbed Harry's shoulder and pulled and he rolled limply. His face pale and Severus noticed the broken vial and potion beside him.

Harry's clothes were covered in blood and dirt and Severus felt fear bolt through him. He could tell that Harry was struggling to breath and his mind blanked out on what he could do. Severus reached out and touched the skin of Harry's throat and could feel the heat. His thoughts stuttered at the sight of a man, that he believed couldn't be brought down, sprawled out on the floor. He had to do something but he wasn't sure what. He shook Harry's shoulder but the man was unresponsive.

"Harry," Severus uttered, his voice breaking on the word.

Severus started badly when Harry's door flew open with a crash and Albert stood there. The thin man tried to step forward but the wards flared and Albert cursed. Albus stepped forward then flicked his wand and the wards dropped. Albert, Albus and an unknown old man, with a medical bag, entered the room. Albert cursed when he saw Harry and rushed forward.

"Did he take the potion?" Albert demanded.

"I don't think so," Severus replied and Albert cursed loudly. "There's glass here."

"Alexander," Albert called over his shoulder to the unknown man. "Severus, move out of the way."

Severus jumped back as the old man eased himself down and waved his wand. Harry's shirt and jacket wiggled loose and flew up onto a back of a chair. Severus sucked in a breath when he saw the degree of the damage. He could see the deep fang marks on Harry's skin as well as cuts and ugly bruises. Albus came to stand beside him and rested a hand on his shoulder in comfort. Alexander placed his wand near one of the fang marks and cast a spell. Numbers came up in the air and Severus's eyes went right to the place that recorded age. He glanced at Albus beside him and noticed those blue eyes locked on the readings.

"He managed to take an anti-venom," Alexander reported.

"Is it enough?" Albert questioned in concern. "He's having trouble breathing."

"I'm not sure," Alexander sighed as he stared at the vitals before turning to Severus. "Do you know what potion that was that he was trying to take?"

Severus shook his head before he walked over to Harry's potion supply and picked up the open box with care. There were bloody prints on the lid and table. He walked back over and held the wooden box out to Alexander. The man took it in his hand and looked at the potions. He pulled out a dark blue vial and held it out to the potion spilled on the floor. Alexander turned it in his hand and read the side and smirked.

"This is the right one," Alexander commented and pulled out a syringe from his bag on the ground. "He must have known this could have happened."

"I'm not surprised," Albert grumbled and Severus quirked a smile.

They looked back down at Harry as Alexander filled the syringe and gently injected the potion into Harry's arm. The man didn't react but Severus noticed the vitals change in the air and Harry's breathing eased. Alexander followed that potion up with a few more from his medical bag on the floor. Severus was concerned with the amount of blood that was slowly still leaking from the gashes and onto the now ruined rug.

"Severus," Albert announced and waved his hand at the old man. "This is Alexander Potter, he's our Potion Master for the Department as well as a healer. Harry was going to introduce you both in case you wanted to continue your education in potions."