Chapter 30: Chapter Thirty

Harry's eyes flicked between Severus and Narcissa as they stood together in the entrance hall. They looked like opposite sides of a coin with Severus dark hair and eyes while Narcissa was platinum blonde with pale eyes. She stood by his side as Harry came towards them and didn't turn away from his stare.

"Narcissa wants to come," Severus stated, emotionlessly.

"Very well," Harry agreed. "You'll both have to lose the robes."

Narcissa shared a look with Severus before they took off their robes and Harry held his hand out for them. He shrunk them down and slipped them away in his jacket pocket. He looked the students over and was satisfised that they would pass as muggle.

"Your mother owled me this morning," Harry said as he turned on his heels. "We are meeting at your house then taking her neighbour's car to the funeral."

"Car?" Narcissa questioned. "I haven't been in a car before."

"Well," Harry announced. "I suppose this will be a learning experience."

xXx

Harry cursed when he ground the gear before slotting it into place and Eileen looked over at him in amusement. Harry just focused on the road before him and making sure he didn't stall the car.

"When did you learn to drive?" Severus questioned from the back seat.

"This is driving?" Narcissa sniffed. "It's a bit rough."

"I'm out of practice with a manual," Harry grumbled.

Eileen snorted beside him but lucky they were pulling up at the cemetery quickly and Harry parked the car. They made a silent group as they headed towards the pile of earth beside the grave of Tobias Snape. Severus took his mother's hand as they stopped beside the grave and the priest looked up from his book.

"Ah, you must be Eileen Snape." The priest cried with a smile. "My condolences on your loss. My name is Mark Jefferies. Please come here and we'll start the last rights."

Harry gently grabbed Narcissa's hand and tugged her to the base of the grave as Severus and his mother came to stand next to the priest. He released Narcissa as the funeral started. It was a sad affair and besides them there were no one else. That's why when a blonde haired man appeared at the edge of the graveyard, Harry took notice. Lucius Malfoy stood there and Harry tensed.

"Stay here," Harry whispered to Narcissa and the woman looked up at him before glancing around then sucked in a breath when she spotted Lucius. "Stay here."

Harry placed a hand on Narcissa's shoulder before he stepped away from the funeral and made his way towards Lucius Malfoy. The blonde waited for him. The voice of the priest faded away as Harry came to stand before Lucius. Pale eyes watched him before flicking to the grave.

"Can't say that I'm surprised," Lucius stated. "He was probably drunk at the time."

"Just another muggle dead," Harry snapped back and Lucius's eyebrow arched up at the words.

"Narcissa spoke of him," Lucius intoned. "I won't shed a tear for the waste of flesh."

"Why are you here?"

"For I care for Narcissa," Lucius explained. "And she cares for Severus."

Harry crossed his arms over his chest but couldn't detect a lie. Lucius then slipped his hand into his jacket pocket and pulled out a piece of paper.

"And to give you this," Lucius said and Harry took the paper from his hand. "I couldn't just see you at the school after all."

Lucius then stepped past him and towards the funeral and Harry let him. The blonde came up to Narcissa and slipped his arm around her. Harry looked down at the paper and unfolded it.