Chapter 31: Chapter Thirty-one

A/N: Right, so, I've hit a bit of a wall with this story. I have the last couple of chapters written but there's a gap between this and those. The outline is there but I'm still working through the details so the rest of the story may be slow in coming out or inspiration may hit and you'll be rewarded quickly. Time will tell but in the mean time I have been working on a few other stories. One of those is World of the Unfallen which the first few chapters are up on my profile. ;-) Enjoy.
___________________________________

xXx

Harry could feel eyes on him the moment that he entered the large ball room. There was a scattering of uniformed Aurors and other security around the room. However, anyone wanting to attack anyone one here would be mad with almost the whole Auror department in attendance. He'd been to many of these events over the years and it still surprised him the amount of money that the Ministry could dish out. They were in a middle of a war and still gatherings like these happened. He knew that it was to encourage and award Aurors and other people within the magical community before school ended. Intended as a boost of moral before the new generation entered the ranks but Harry just thought that it was a waste of time and money.

"Decided to come."

Harry turned to Dean Albert as the man gave him a glance over. The thin man looked awkward in his dress robes and Harry gave him a smirk.

"I was invited," Harry remarked. "In fact, you were the one to threaten me into coming."

"And I'm still surprised to see you," Albert laughed and Harry could pick up the changes in the man. "Even more so to see you in robes. They suit you."

"Hmm," Harry hummed and glanced around, taking in everything around him.

"Greengrass approached me about an award to you," Albert remarked and Harry focused back on him. "I talked him out of it."

"A wise decision," Harry agreed.

"Not that people won't take note of you."

"No doubt."

"Hard not to with your dress and presence."

"What do you want, Minister Albert?" Harry questioned as he looked at the man before him.

"I want that thing taken out of the Department," Albert stated and Harry nodded.

"I'll pick it up before I leave tonight," Harry agreed. "Alexander was interested in it-"

"He's had time to look at it."

"Very well."

Albert nodded and drifted off as Harry mingled with the crowd. He spoke to a few people as he caught up on the gossip of the Ministry. The purebloods were making a show of it and Harry spotted a few familiar faces, including Bellatrix Black. The woman stood out in an elegant dress of deep red. Her pitch back hair and pale skin drew the eyes of the men around her. At the age of twenty seven she was teasing her way to picking a husband. Harry then noticed a blonde woman loop her arm through Bellatrix's.

Harry started as he realised that he was looking at Andromeda before she marriage a muggle. The two sisters made a striking sight, one light and the other dark. Narcissa seemed to sit between her sisters and Harry wondered not for the first time what had drawn a powerful pureblood to marriage a muggle and turn her back on her whole family. He'd known Andromeda well as she'd raised Teddy Lupin and to connect her to the carefree young woman with Bellatrix wasn't slotting into his mind.

"You're staring."

Harry turned to Lucius Malfoy as the blonde stood beside him.

"They make a striking team," Harry remarked.