Chapter 12: Chapter Twelve

Harry lifted his hand up then hesitated. He sighed and knocked on Albert's door and waited for the gruff call. He opened the door and shut it firmly behind him. He silently cast a silencing charm around the room. The thin man looked up from a report on his desk at his use of magic. Harry held up the file in his hand before placing it down. Albert just scowled at him.

"Horcrux?" Albert demanded. "You write that in the middle of a meeting?"

"That is what we are facing," Harry said as he threw himself into the chair before the desk. "That is how low that this man has gone for power and a chance at immortality."

"I was reading up on your file," Albert mentioned as he tapped the table. "You haven't even been born yet."

"And may not even be born," Harry added. "So many problems could happen between now and the thirty first of July 1980."

Albert's hand stilled at his words and there was an odd look in his eyes.

"But don't feel sorry for me," Harry continued with a smirk. "I'm here now and I doubt that I'll be leaving your office undisturbed for a while."

"You're just lucky that I am the only person that can read this file, beside yourself."

"I'm sure if you did say anything about that file then you would be carted off to St Mungo's.

Albert snorted at that and reached for the file that Harry had placed down.

"I was concerned about what side of this conflict that you would fall on," Albert admitted.

"Many people always do," Harry sighed. "Just because I am cursed by dark magic doesn't mean that it rules me."

"That's not what I was referring to," Albert disagreed. "Taking on Severus Snape has not helped enlighten many people to where you stand. You're a walking contradictory since you wear muggles clothes and yet are a powerful wizard and you don't hide that."

"The Dark Lord contacted me," Harry admitted and Albert looked at him sharply. "He would share your sentiment."

"I shouldn't be surprised-"

"But you are," Harry finished. "I'll take that as a compliment."

"You are a very powerful wizard," Albert stated. "If it comes out just how dark that magic is-"

"Which won't be happening."

"You hold the Deathly Hallows," Albert exclaimed. "You defy death!"

"Many would say that I did that from the age of eighteen months."

"What?"

"Never mind," Harry sighed and stood. "Read the file. I have to get back to the school."

xXx

"Hey, Severus." Narcissa greeted as she sat down next to him at the Slytherin table. "We don't have any time to talk anymore."

"Apologises, Narcissa." Severus offered. "It was not intentional."

"Professor Swift is working you too hard," Narcissa remarked with sniff.

"I'll be sure to pass that on to him."

Narcissa laughed lightly at that and Severus gave her a smile.

"How about you pass on a message from Lucius," Narcissa broached. "He was very taken with Swift and wishes to speak with him again. Could you pass that along?"

"I could," Severus agreed, but felt his gut clench.

"Perfect," Narcissa cried with a smile. "What does he have you learning at the moment?"