-⭒-A box? -⭒-

[⭒2nd person POV⭒]

You were quickly walking back home from your travel around the block. You went out because it had been nice out, before the clouds came and it started pouring, soaking you to the bone rather quickly. Your hair was flat against your head and sticking to your face, and your clothes were soaked, as if you had just jumped into a pool. You continued walking, stepping into many puddles, both large and small, also getting your socks and shoes thoroughly soaked. You huffed and continued speeding, eventually coming back to your small house. Pulling out your key, you rush to hide from the downpour under the eaves (is that the word?) over the door. You're about to put the key into the lock when you feel your foot hit something on the ground. You look down and see a rather large brown box, that's soaked from the rain, with the words, "the Smiling Critters!" in purple and white print on the side.

You tilt your head in confusion, thoughts racing through your mind until you hear the padding of feet coming from inside the box, and what sounded like whispering? You knelt down to study the box only to jump back in surprise when the box jerked forward.
The whispers and murmurs continued from inside the box as you decided to carefully pick it up. You stick your key in the lock and turn it, opening the door and stepping inside.

You continued to hold the box before you sighed, pushing your hair away from your face. You closed the door with your foot and decided to open the box. Walking over to the kitchen, you set the box down on the table. You wonder if this is a good idea but shrug it off as you use your fingernails to pry at the tape holding the lid closed.

You mentally brace yourself for whatever might be in the box, and after a moment, with lots of whispering from inside of the box (whoever or whatever was inside sounding panicked). You managed to open the flaps of the box and see 8 living plush creatures! There was an orange dog, a yellow chicken, a red bear, a white unicorn, a green rabbit, a blue elephant, a pink pig, and a purple cat.

"What the...?"

But you barely had any time to think before the dog started crowding the others behind him. You just kept looking at them confused as the dog tried to put on a brave face, but you could tell he was shaking.

"Hey hey, it's alright. I'm not going to hurt you."

You say, keeping your voice quiet so as to not freak them out anymore than they already seemed. They all looked pretty dirty and some of them were a bit torn up.

The dog kept the other behind him but seemed to stop shaking a bit. You offered your hand in front of him slowly. He looked from you to your hand until he eventually poked your hand with one of his paws, you chuckled and the other critters seemed to relax a bit as well.

"You see, I'm not too scary."

You say with another chuckle as you move your hand to pat the dog on the head, which he seemed to enjoy.

"Where'd you all come from anyways?"

You asked, mainly to yourself. However, to your surprise, the dog answered.

"We're not sure, miss."

Your eyes widened, although you weren't quite sure what you were expecting now. These were living plushies after all. You didn't comment on the dog's ability to speak, though you did sigh.

"Well I'm not just going to throw you back outside..."

You muttered, contemplating what to do.
You continued to try and talk with all the little critters when you heard the front door open.

"I'm home, Mama!"

You looked up as you heard Dorothy's voice from the front door.

"In the kitchen! I'll be there in a second,"