-⭒- Annoyed -⭒-

Requested by: @AnaliaNoemi9

— — —

[⭒2nd person POV⭒]

Bubba was trying to focus on his book while the other critters were being pretty loud. He hadn't gotten a lot of sleep that night and he was feeling grumpy. They had all tried to get him to hang out with them but to no avail.

You were sitting at the table, on your phone when Crafty came into the room and tugged on your pant leg gently. You looked down at her, setting your phone face-down,

"What'cha need sugar?"

She fidgeted with her hooves in front of her, looking down at the ground before she looked back up at you.

"Bubba's being grumpy and he doesn't want to play with us. We asked him but he just glared at whoever asked."

She mumbled. You nodded and stood up,

"Do you want me to talk to him?"

You asked, kneeling down to her level. She thought for a moment but nodded. You sighed and stood up again letting her lead you to where all the critters were. When you entered the living room you saw that Kickin and Hoppy were standing near Bubba, who was reading with a slightly annoyed expression on his face while the other two were asking him why he didn't want to play with them.

Bobby was watching the three from the side as she colored in a coloring book next to -where you presumed- Crafty had been sitting. DogDay was standing near the window, pressing his nose against it while his tail swayed behind him, you guessed he was probably waiting for Dot to get back. Picky was sitting on the couch munching an apple while CatNap layed next to her, sleeping through the whole ordeal.

"How come all you want to do today is read?"

You heard Kickin groan, making you turn your attention back to the three,

"Yeah! It's great outside and our game would be so much more fun with another player!"

Hoppy bounced up and down while Bubba rolled his eyes before his gaze returned to the book he was reading. You had to stifle a chuckle, as you noticed he had a similar expression to Dorothy whenever she was annoyed.

"I told you guys I don't want to already,"

Bubba stated, glancing up at the two. Kickin groaned again before turning to Hoppy,

"C'mon let's go, Bubba can stay in here being boring if he wants."

He started to walk away, as Hoppy looked from him to Bubba before following him to the back door. You sighed and walked over to Bubba as Crafty returned to her place next to Bobby.

"Hey bud, you alright?"

You asked, sitting down next to Bubba. He didn't move his gaze away from the book and shrugged,

"M'fine,"

He muttered, you raised a brow slightly not believing him from his tone.

"You sure? You seem grumpy, normally you'd at least try and play a game Hoppy and Kickin came up with."

You tilted your head at him slightly and he huffed.

"I'm not being grumpy, I just wanna read my book."

He stated, glancing up at you before looking back down at the page he was on. Your shoulder slumped slightly and you sighed,

"Are you sure you didn't stay up all night reading again?"

He had gotten like this before a few times, when he got so engaged with a book that he'd refuse to put it down, even through the dark hours of the night.

"I'm fine!"

He snapped, now looking up at you. Your brows raised in surprise and some of the other critters looked at Bubba with surprise as well. He tensed a bit before he looked down,

"Sorry,"

He muttered, looking at the floor.

"It's alright, at least I know the answer now."

You answered, looking down at him. He looked up at you with some embarrassment.

"...are you gonna make me go sleep?"

He muttered, glancing from you to the floor remembering what you did the last time(s) he had gotten like this. You smiled lightly and nodded,

"Yup, don't want you to be snapping at everyone or getting overwhelmed."

You explained, standing up. Bubba looked up at you before he sighed and stood up as well before following you as you made your way to the stairs. You both walked to your room and you picked up Bubba. He looked a lot more tired now, being in a dark room where he didn't have to be around seven other loud critters.

You set him down and he flopped down onto the pillow making you chuckle. You tucked him in underneath the blankets and he snuggled up underneath them. You kissed your fingers before placing them on his forehead.

"Sleep well hun,"

You said quietly walking back to the door. You heard him mutter something but you couldn't pick up what it was. You turned your head to look back at him but you saw that he had already fallen asleep. You smiled softly before leaving the room and shutting the door partially behind you.

As you made your way back to the living room, Crafty looked up at your from her place.

"Is he sleeping?"

She asked, tilting her head a bit. You nodded,

"Mhm, he'll come down when he's ready."

You sat down on the couch next to CatNap, and DogDay scampered over to you,

"Hey momma?"

He climbed onto the couch and sat next to you looking up at you.

"Yes, sugar?"

You asked, looking back at him.

"When's Dottie gonna get home?"

He tilted his head, continuing to meet your gaze. You hummed in thought,

"Probably an hour or so, just be patient and she'll be back just like that."

As you said 'that' you booped his nose making him giggle.

"Ok, thank you momma!"

He chirped, jumping off of the couch before turning back to you,

"I'm gonna go see what Hoppy and Kickin are doing,"

You gave him a small thumbs up and he ran off to the back door. You sighed and looked down at all the critters left in the room. Picky had moved to stand next to Crafty and Bobby watching the two color and-or draw. CatNap had moved to be sitting next to you before he continued to nap. You wondered how he could sleep so easily almost anywhere as you petted his head. But you guess that could be a mystery for another time.

— — —

A/N: Wasn't sure what to do with this chapter so hope it turned out ok
And thank you too AnaliaNoemi9 for requesting this chapter ^v^
Anyways, hope you have a good day/afternoon/night wherever you are!