-⭒- Surprise! -⭒-

Requested by: @RoseyDaQueenofRamen

— — —

[2nd person POV]

All the critters were sitting in various places in the living room doing their own thing when DogDay looked up at the clock. He noticed it was getting kind of late and you and Dorothy weren't home yet.

"Hey guys? Shouldn't Momma and Dottie be home by now?" He turned back towards the others and they all looked back at him. Bubba shrugged, "Momma did say they might be late today." he replied before turning back to his book.

"She did?" DogDay mumbled to himself, tilting his head a bit causing his ears to flop over his face before he moved them aside. He turned back to the coloring book in front of him as he shrugged it off and thought that they'd be home soon enough.

After half an hour or so DogDay started to get worried again. "What if something happened?" He was now pacing in front of the couch as the other critters watched him.

"I'm sure they're fine DogDay." Kickin said, looking up from his, Bobby's, and Hoppy's game.

"But-" DogDay fidgeted with his paws in front of him before he sighed and sat down on the floor, resting his head in his palms. "Well, I just hope they get home soon." He mumbled, looking over at the window.

"Don't worry DogDay!" Bobby spoke up, "I'm sure they're alright. They wouldn't have gotten into trouble." She then moved one of her pieces, making Kickin glare at the board. DogDay sighed, "Well, I hope you're right."

— — —"

Another half an hour later, you and Dorothy had finally arrived home, to which DogDay immediately rushed over to you and wrapped himself around your leg."Momma! Where were you and Dottie?!" he looked up at you with the biggest puppy eyes you'd ever seen, making you chuckle. You leaned down and picked him up as you explained, "Me and Dorothy were just getting some things, no need to be so worried hun."

Dorothy snickered as she walked into the house behind you, holding a large box in her hands. She moved past you and headed into the kitchen as Hoppy followed behind her.

"What's in the box?" The rabbit asked, climbing up onto the table, sitting down and throwing her legs off the side, letting them dangle and swing below her.

"You'll see." Dorothy answered, keeping the box shut before she looked back at you. You led all the other critters to the kitchen as well with DogDay still in your arms before you set him down on the table next to Hoppy.

"We both thought you'd all like a surprise." You said, looking from the box to them all. "It has been a year since you've all joined this family." You leaned back against the table and Dorothy messed with the side of the box. Kickin and Hoppy looked the most excited out of all of them. "So we got a few things to celebrate! Kinda like a group birthday."

"What kind of things?" Bubba asked, looking up at the box.

"Snacks, balloons, stuff like that." Dorothy shrugged as she started to open the box. Hoppy jumped on top of the box and kicked her feet in the air with a huge grin on her face.

"This is the greatest surprise ever!" She squealed, making you chuckle

"Yes yes I know, we're the greatest." Dorothy replied with a laugh.

"We can't open the box if you're on top of it, Hoppy." You said, gently picking her up and setting her back down on the table. She continued to bounce on her feet, as the other critters excitedly chattered to each other. Eventually you and Dorothy, with the eventual help of the critters, got all the things set up.

All ten of you then had an eventful night, with food and games -Kickin may or may not have rage quit in 'UNO'-- until you saw it was getting late and you started to try and rally them all up for bed after you cleaned up. It was harder than usual because they were all hyped up on sweets. But eventually they were all tuckered out and were laying in bed as you were saying good night to Dorothy.

"Man, they are never getting sweets before bed again." she muttered, running her hand through her hair. You chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, in hindsight that wasn't the greatest idea." Dorothy snickered and nodded. You kissed the top of her head, "Good night hun."

"G'night." She replied with a yawn, before heading to her room. You walked into her own room seeing the critters sleeping peacefully. You had to be careful not to wake any of them up as you tried to get into bed. You glanced at all of them before smiling softly. "Good night kiddos." You said quietly before drifting off to sleep.

— — —

A/N: hope this was written alright- I've been having writer's block for this book specifically for some reason so I hope this was ok ^^'

Anywaysss hope you have a good day/afternoon/night wherever you are!