-⭒- Feather problems -⭒-

Requested by: @TheEditorToken

— — —

[⭒2nd person POV⭒]

You were sitting on the couch reading with Bubba and DogDay while the others were off doing their own thing, but you hadn't seen Kickin at all today. It was late morning and none of the other Critters had seen him either.

After you finished the book Bubba and DogDay both went off to do their own things. You stood up and decided to try and find Kickin. You walked through the hallways when you saw a yellow feather sitting on the ground. You tilted your head and knelt down to pick it up.

It looked like one of Kickin's feathers. You put it in your pocket and continued down the hallway before hearing some sounds coming from the bathroom. You walk to the door and see that it's open slightly. You push it open further, holding onto the side of the door to see Kickin sitting on the floor rubbing his arms while you saw that a few places around his body now had little to no feathers.

"Kickin?"

You asked softly, walking over to him and sitting down next to where he was sitting. He looked up at you before folding his arms trying to hide the bare patches of skin from you.

"Oh hi momma,"

He said, trying to seem calmer than you knew he actually was.

"What's up?"

He asks with a small nervous smile on his face. Your brows furrowed slightly as you looked at him worriedly.

"Are you alright? You've been hiding all morning."

He looked down at his feet, continuing to rub his arms.

"I'm fiiine, just...um..."

He trailed off as you sighed.

"Are you sick?"

You asked, placing your hand on his forehead to see if it was warmer than usual. He shook his head,

"No but..."

He leaned against your leg with a sniff,

"My feathers are falling out and I'm worried that you'll laugh at me if you see it..."

He mumbled, rubbing his eyes. You were surprised when he said this before smiling lightly,

"I won't laugh love, but can I see?"

You asked, rubbing his head. He looked up at you before nodding and lifting his arms slightly. You could see better now that under his arms (wings?) there were indeed a few patches where the feathers had fallen out almost completely. You picked him up and placed him on your leg rubbing the spots gently to see if he was in any pain.

"Does it hurt?"

You asked, rubbing his arm gently. He shook his head,

"No, but I think I look dumb,"

He muttered, rubbing his eyes again. You gave him another small smile,

"You don't look dumb honey, I think this might just be something that happens."

You said, rubbing his head gently. He looked up at you,

"Are you sure?"

He asked uncertainty as you nodded.

"I'm sure, I'm just glad you aren't in any pain."

You gave him a boop on the end of his beak making him giggle quietly.

"Now, let's get out of here shall we?"

You asked as you picked him up and left the bathroom.

— — —

You walked into the living room with Kickin still in your arms. All the other critters were playing while Bubba was reading and Dorothy was sitting on the couch scrolling through her phone with CatNap on her lap. You walked over to where the critters were, setting Kickin down as you sat.

The others all looked over at you two while Kickin looked back at you nervously.

"Hi Kicky! Where've you been?"

DogDay asked, walking up to the chicken.

"Oh, uh..."

Kickin rubbed his arm while looking off to the side.

"He was in the bathroom DogDay,"

You answered with a hum as DogDay looked up at you,

"Oh, ok, why though?"

He asked,

"Kickin was feeling a bit insecure because some of his feathers were falling out."

You said making Kickin turn red with embarrassment.

"Ohhh, did it hurt?"

DogDay asked worriedly, tilting his head. Kickin looked at him before shaking his head.

"Ok, that's good!"

He said as Kickin looked at him confused.

"You don't think I look weird or anything?"

Kickin asked, rubbing his arm as DogDay shook his head.

"Nope! I'm just glad that you aren't hurt."

DogDay said before he asked,

"Do you wanna come and play this new game we made?"

Kickin nodded and followed DogDay to where the others were playing some made up game they came up with while you went to sit next to Dorothy on the couch. You saw that CatNap was laying in her lap while she absentmindedly petted him and sometimes scratched him behind his ears while he purred quietly.

"So what have you been up to this morning, hun?"

You asked, looking at her as you sat down. She looked over at you before she answered,

"Nothing much, just looking at art 'n stuff."

She said with a shrug, turning her phone off and putting it down but continuing to pet CatNap.

"CatNap seems to like me today though."

She added, glancing down at the purple cat while he opened one eye to glance back up at her before closing his eyes again. You chuckled,

"Well enjoy it while it lasts,"

You joked,

"For what you know he could be clawing your curtains tomorrow."

She laughed,

"Yeah I'm pretty sure he knows not to mess with my room after what happened last time."

She said, shooting the cat a grin as he pouted back at her from the reminder. You laughed,

"Mhm,"

You hummed, leaning your head against the back of the couch and closing your eyes, continuing to hear CatNaps purring as Dorothy continued to scratch him

— — —

A/N: And here's this fluffy chapter! I hope you enjoyed and thank you to TheEditorToken for requesting this! Hope you enjoyed it and have a good day/afternoon/night wherever you are ^^