-⭒- Lost Pets -⭒-

Requested by: @Echo51311

— — —

[⭒2nd person POV⭒]

The walk home after work was fairly calm. The sun was out and the weather was nice. You were humming a quiet tune when you heard a noise from the bushes next to the sidewalk. You stopped and looked over to see a cat and dog huddled together near the bush.

The cat was small and orange while the dog was brown with white streaks and was fairly large. You raised a brow wondering why a stray dog and cat would be huddled together before you spotted the collars around both of their necks.

You knelt down and held out your hand as the cat moved to sniff at it, "How'd you two end up out here?" You muttered quietly. The dog barked and you looked over at him. The cat didn't seem to be wary of you anymore and you reached your hand out to the dog the same way you did with the cat.

He sniffed it and you placed it on his head, "Well, I don't think I should just leave you here." You thought back to earlier in your day to see if you remembered any missing pet signs.

There was one with a picture and description of the two pets. You sighed and stood, patting your leg to try and get the cat and dogs attention. "C'mon, I'll take care of you until you're returned to your owner." The two seemed to get the message and followed you the rest of the way to your house.

— — —

Once you got home you could see Dorothy sitting on the couch with her phone as the critters were watching the TV. The dog and cat, who you learned had the names of Archer and Mango from their tags, followed behind you and Dorothy looked up from her phone.

"Hi Mom. Oh uh- why do you have a dog and cat with you?" she asked, taking off her headphones and raising a brow at you. "These two were from a missing pets poster and I'm going to try and call the owner." You answered as Mango looked wearily around the new environment.

"Oh, ok then." she answered, putting her phone down. "Can you watch them for a moment?" You asked, as you went to grab your phone from your room. Dorothy nodded as she looked at the dog and cat, "Yeah sure." you left the room and DogDay looked over at the two pets.

"What are those?" he asked, looking up at Dorothy. "Those are a cat and a dog, who got lost apparently." she answered.

"They look so cute!" Bobby exclaimed, looking at the two pets. Dorothy got up from the couch and went over to the pets. "Sooo, what is your name?" she asked, mainly to herself as she looked at the pets tags. While all the other critters were talking to each other about the pets.

"You think we can go over to them?" Hoppy asked, looking from the dog and cat to DogDay. He shrugged, "If momma says we can I guess."

"Hey DogDay, you think that's what you would look like if you were a real dog?" Kickin asked, pointing at the brown furred dog, who Dorothy was petting on the head currently. "Hmm, maybe?" DogDay tapped his chin before starting to walk towards the dog, "I'm gonna go over to them."

CatNap was laying on the arm of the couch watching this all with little interest. DogDay walked up behind Dorothy while he looked up at the dog. "Hey Dottie?" He tugged on Dorothy's shirt and she looked down at him, "Yeah?"

"Can I say hi?" He pointed at the dog and Dorothy nodded, "yeah sure." DogDay walked out from behind Dorothy and looked up at the dog. The dog tilted his head at him before lowering his head to sniff at the plush.

The dog then licked DogDays face as DogDay laughed. "Hey!" He laughed again and Dorothy chuckled as the cat watched from the side.

After this all the other critters came over to also meet the dog and cat.

— — —

About half an hour after you called the number on the missing pets poster you and Dorothy were sitting at a bench near the park where you and the guy, who you learned was named Pasha, decided to meet.

"Hey, isn't that the guy?" Dorothy looked up and pointed at a red-haired man walking up to the bench. "There he is." You replied before you stood up and waved at him.

"Hey!" He shouted, waving back, before he got closer and saw the cat and dog, with the cat sitting in a box. He sighed and looked over at you, "Thank you so much. I wasn't sure how they got out."

"It was no problem." You replied with a chuckle, waving your hand dismissively. "I hope they didn't give you much trouble." He walked over to the dog and started muttering things to him in what sounded like Russian. You nodded with a hum, "They were fine. They're really well behaved."

He picked up the box while the cat purred quietly looking up at him. "Thank you again." The dog was now standing beside him. You exchanged some more questions and answers before he left and you and Dorothy were walking back to your car.

"I'm gonna miss those two. The critters seemed to enjoy being around them as well." Dorothy said, walking beside you. "Well that's good." You answered, pulling out your car keys.

"Maybe we could get a dog, and or a cat?" Dorothy asked, with a grin on her face. You laughed, "I'm having to take care of nine kids right now, I don't think we can afford a dog or cat hun."

"Aw boo." She puffed out her cheeks in a dramatic fashion and you let out a laugh. "Maybe you could get one with your own money?"

"Hmm, maybe." She tapped her chin lightly before looking out the window as you both headed home.

— — —

A/N: I'm not very happy with the ending (and just this chapter in general) of this since I feel like I rushed it since I've been having to push myself to actually write lately so sorry if it didn't turn out very well (╥_╥)

But regardless, hope you have a good day/afternoon/night wherever you are.