-⭒- First Day At School -⭒-

[⭒2nd person POV⭒]

You were walking downstairs, not feeling too tired, unusually, from your shift at your night job to see if Dorothy was up yet. You heard some sounds from the kitchen and assumed that that was her. You walked to the kitchen and saw Dorothy eating a bowl of cereal while scrolling through her phone.

"Good morning, Dear."

You said walking to stand next to her chair. She looked up you and set her phone down,

"Morning,"

You ruffled her hair a bit and turned to make yourself something to eat when Dorothy stood up and put her bowl in the sink,

"Gotta go, see you after school."

She said with a wave walking towards the front door. You waved back but didn't notice the small blue tail peeking out of the main pocket of her bag as she grabbed it and threw it over her shoulder.

— — —

"Alright children,"

You started, clapping your hands together to get all the critters attention,

"Who's ready to bake some cookies?"

All the critters started to shout things all at once when you noticed that there were only 7 of them.

"Hey, where's Bubba?"

You asked, looking around the table. All the critters looked at one another while Kickin looked like he may have known something

"I dunno momma,"

Hoppy said, causing you to start panicking internally, (just a liiittle bit).

"He wasn't in the room this morning when we woke up."

One of the green rabbits' ears went down a bit giving her a confused look. You started to tap your foot on the ground,

"Alright, I'll go look for him. You all stay here."

You started to leave the kitchen, anxiety creeping its way into your thoughts, as you started to look for Bubba.

— — —

[⭒1st person, Dorothy's, POV⭒]

I was writing down notes from the board at the front of the room when I heard a shuffling coming from inside my bag. I looked down at it, confused, and reached to move the zipper so I could see inside better. And inside was none other than Bubba Bubbaphant.

"Bubba?"

I whispered, surprised. He looked up and gave me a sheepish smile and a small wave when the teacher turned to me.

"You have the answer, Dorothy?"
(ngl my math teacher does this with one student, whenever she starts talking he'll ask her if she has the answer (9 times out of 10 she does not-))

She asked.

"Uh..."

I sat up straight again moving my hand away from my bag, hoping she didn't see Bubba.

"42?"

I say, posing it as more of a question than an answer.

"Correct,"

She said, turning back to write more things on the board. I exhaled and slumped back in my seat before I glanced back at my bag. Why was Bubba in there? I could see him looking at me from inside, hiding in the shadows of the large pocket so he didn't get spotted. I turned my head back to the board, I'd have to wait to actually ask him about it.