-⭒- Overwhelmed Kitten-⭒-

Requested by: @NovemberRedAngel5555

— — —

[⭒2nd person POV⭒]

CatNap did not feel very calm right now. Everything was too loud and he felt very irritable.

Bobby started to notice this and she asked DogDay if he did too.

"Yeah, he's been more quiet than usual. And I mean he won't reply in any way."

DogDay explained, thinking back to a bit earlier. Bobby tapped her chin before she said,

"I bet a hug would help him!"

"Uh, Bobby? I'm not sure-"

DogDay started but Bobby got up before he could finish and walked over to CatNap.

"Hey CatNap,"

She started, now standing next to the purple cat. He looked over at her with furrowed brows. She opened her arms before hugging him. He froze before he started to squirm and hissed at the red bear. She let him go looking at him with wide eyes as he stood up quickly and scampered over to the couch where he jumped up onto it and curled up near the couch arm.

Bobby watched him leave with a sad expression. She rubbed her arm and looked down at her feet, before she felt a paw on her shoulder. She looked over to see DogDay standing next to her.

"Maybe we should just leave him alone for now."

The orange dog suggested, tilting his head at Bobby. She gave a small nod before DogDay led her back to where the other critters were.

— — —

Not even 10 minutes later Bobby came running to you and Dorothy, while you both were in the kitchen (Dorothy telling you things from school while you made dinner).

"Mommy!"

You heard Bobby's voice shouting for you as she ran into the kitchen. You looked behind you to see her standing in the doorway looking worried and sad which was rare for her.

You walked over to her as Dorothy watched from her place.

"What is it hun?"

You asked, kneeling down to be at a somewhat similar height to her. She looked up at you with watery eyes.

"I made CatNap mad at me!"

She cried, hugging your leg. You were surprised at her behavior as you patted her back with your hand,

"Hey hey, don't cry, Bobby."

You said quietly, continuing to try and sooth her.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

You asked, picking her up and bringing her to the table where Dorothy was still sitting. She held onto your arm as you sat down next to Dorothy before she nodded.

She started to explain how CatNap was being quieter than usual today and she wanted to try and help him by hugging him but he hissed at her and how he walked off.

Once she was done explaining Dorothy looked like she had an idea of what might be going on.

"Well this will be fun to deal with."

She said, sarcasm laced in her words. You looked at Dorothy with a raised eyebrow as she looked back at you and sighed,

"Alright, I think I know what's going on with CatNap,"

She said, making Bobby look at her.

"What is it?"

The bear asked, turning towards her older sister.

"I think y'all have been too loud around him and now he's overwhelmed, and-or overstimulated."

The orange haired teen replied while Bobby tilted her head at her.

"What's that mean?"

She asked,

"It means there's been too many things stimulating him (or whatever the word is) at once. And he probably just needs something to calm him down, get his senses back under control or something. Like what I do with music I guess."

Dorothy answered. Bobby nodded, tapping her chin.

"So what can we do to help?"

She asked, tilting her head at you. You hummed in thought for a moment before you said,

"I guess something we could do is give him a quiet room to be in."

Dorothy thought about that before she nodded,

"That's something we can do."

"Ok then, let's go do that!"

Bobby was about to practically jump out of your arms before you stopped her,

"Woah! One, careful, two we have to be more careful this time around, ok?"

You said, placing her in your arms again. She looked up at you as she nodded. You sighed as you noticed Dorothy getting up from the table. She walked out of the kitchen to the living room as you followed. You saw CatNap still curled up on the couch facing away from everyone.

Dorothy walked over to him and sat down on the other side of the couch looking at him. His ears flicked at the motion before he turned his head with the remnants of a glare settled on his face.

"Hey there bud,"

You say quietly looking at him, he huffs and moves to be sitting up and facing you three.

"Are you ok CatNap?"

Dorothy asked, tilting her head at him. He paused before he shook his head and covered his ears with his paws looking down at his feet. Dorothy nodded slightly like she understood before she stood up and looked down at CatNap.

"You wanna find some place that's not as loud?"

She asked, CatNap looked up at her and nodded as he got off of the couch and stood next to her. She looked down at him before she started to walk over to the stairs and led him up them.

You and Bobby watched them leave before you decided to bring Bobby and yourself to the other critters.

— — —

After a bit Dorothy came back downstairs as you were playing with the critters. You looked over at her as she sat down next to you.

"Where is he now?"

You asked, she glanced at you while DogDay messed with her hand.

"He's in my room. Should be quiet enough there. Just give him some time and he'll come back down when he feels ready."

She hummed, smiling lightly at DogDays antics. You nodded but couldn't help but feel worried about the purple cat. But Dorothy's been through the same thing so she should know how to help.

— — —

After maybe an hour or so you heard someone coming down the stairs. You looked up to see CatNap looking at you all through the railing of the stairs. You waved at him as he walked over to you sitting down next to you and leaning against your leg.

"You better now bud?"

You asked, patting his head. He nodded and rubbed his face against your leg. You smiled lightly at the sight, continuing to rub his head.

After Bobby saw him and asked if he was ok with her giving him a guy she gave him a bear hug and apologized profusely about what she did.

He muttered something like 'it was ok' and Bobby seemed to be alright with that answer.

— — —

A/N: Anybody here deal with overstimulation? I know I do (school is my mortal enemy-).
Anywho! I hope you liked this chapter and thanks to NovemberRedAngel5555 for requesting this!

Also! Thank you for 4k reads on this story! I didn't think it would get this much attention but you all seem to like my silly story, so many more chapters to come! ^^