-⭒- Runaway Dog -⭒-

Requested by: @The_Happiest_Player

— — —

[⭒2nd person POV⭒]

DogDay was sitting on the floor of Dorothy's room rubbing his face. You had just yelled at him for something CatNap had done but he felt like you wouldn't listen to him. Maybe he should leave..

He blinked at the thought, he had never thought of leaving before, but maybe it would be the right thing to do right now. CatNap had been getting him in a lot of trouble lately and it seemed to be causing you a lot of stress.

He huffed before standing, rubbing at his eyes. He looked around the room before deciding to leave a note for Dorothy. He climbed up onto her desk and found a piece of paper and one of the loose pens scattered around her desk.

— — —

Dorothy opened the door of your room, peeking her head in.

"Hey mama?"

She asked, making you look up at her from your desk where you had your face buried in your arms. You felt terrible for how you had snapped at DogDay earlier. But you looked up at Dorothy and her eyes widened a bit at how you looked.

"Uh-oh, what happened?"

She asked, moving to be next to you and crossing her arms. You sighed and covered your face with your hands.

"I yelled at DogDay earlier and now I can't find him."

You mumbled. She pursed her lips at that and reached into her back pocket,

"Yeah I was gonna ask you about that 'cus I found this in my room."

She handed the paper that DogDay had written on and you read over it multiple times before you groaned and placed your head in your hands again.

"Hey, I'm sure we'll find him eventually mom,"

Dorothy offered. You looked up at her before you sighed.

"Would you go look for him?"

You asked looking at her,

"I don't know if he'd come with if it was me,"

Dorothy looked off to the side before she huffed and nodded,

"Yeah I'll go look for him, but if you're making me do this on my own you own me one."

She said starting to leave the room. You have a small chuckle and nodded,

"Of course I do."

She grinned at you and with that she left the room.

— — —

Dorothy was by the front door putting her shoes on. It was still bright outside so she had some time. She was tying her left shoe when she felt someone tap her arm.

She looked over to see that Crafty was standing next to her now,

"Where are you going?"

She asked in a small voice.

"I'm just gonna go look for DogDay ok? I'll be back soon,"

Dorothy answered with a small smile, finishing tying her shoe and patting Crafty's head. The unicorn nodded watching Dorothy as she walked out of the door with a wave.

— — —

Dorothy was walking down the sidewalk towards the closest playground near her house. She figured DogDay would be there since he likes it so much when you took him there once before.