-⭒- Rain & Thunder -⭒-

Requested by: @The_Happiest_Player

— — —

[⭒2nd person POV⭒]

A thunderstorm had started around half an hour ago. You were sitting at the desk in your room, doing some work, while the rain pounded on your window and every now and then the flash of lightning and the boom of thunder could be seen and-or heard outside.

You weren't sure where Dorothy had gone -probably in her room if you had to guess- but the critters were watching the TV in the living room. Speaking of the critters- let's go see what they're up to-

— — —

All the critters were sitting on the couch watching a movie. DogDay and CatNap were huddled together, jumping whenever the thunder crashed outside.

Bobby looked over to see this, tilting her head at the two slightly as she asked,

"Hey are you two ok?"

DogDay looked over at her but before he could answer Kickin interrupted him,

"They're both just scared of the thunder,"

"Yeah, you two are scaredy cats,"

Hoppy teased with a quiet giggle. CatNap looked at them unamused while DogDay made a pouting face.

"The thunder isn't that baddd,"

Kickin grinned, gesturing one of his wings towards the window. DogDay tilted his head before he jumped again as thunder sounded from outside.

He hugged CatNap tightly, surprising the cat but he hugged him back and looked at Kickin with narrowed eyes.

"Aw c'mon, don't be so uptight,"

Hoppy giggled, looking back at the pair. CatNap rolled his eyes at them as DogDay continued to squeeze him.

"Why are you so scared of the thunder anyways?"

Bubba asked. CatNap looked off to the side while DogDay looked at the elephant,

"It's loud, like- really loud."

DogDay spoke with a small shiver. Bubba had an understanding look on his face before Kickin spoke up again,

"It's not too loud to me and Hoppy, right Hops?"
(I dunno I feel like he'd call her Hops lol-)

He looked over at Hoppy as she nodded,

"Mhm, in fact I kinda like it."

She said in a teasing tone. CatNap knew she was saying this just to be playfully teasing them but he was getting kinda fed up with their behavior.

"Why do you two have to be like this?"

He thought, rolling his eyes again, before looking down at his friend who was still squished against him. Hoppy and Kickin continued to act like that until DogDay sniffed and they all noticed that he had started crying.

CatNap noticed first and held DogDay closer, hissing quietly at Hoppy and Kickin. They stopped their teasing immediately, and looked surprised that DogDay had started crying.

— — —
(Back to Y/N real quick-)

You had started hearing some commotion from downstairs so you decided to see what was going on.

You were walking down the stairs only to hear what sounded like sniffling, hissing, and 6 of the critters trying to talk at once.

You blinked in confusion at all the sounds before walking into the living room. CatNap was holding DogDay, who was crying, away from the other critters, and hissing at them sometimes which you found was pretty rare for the cat, while Hoppy and Kickin were the main ones trying to talk down the hissing cat while the other critters were adding other things in the background.

"Hey, what's going on?"

You asked, walking over to the couch and kneeling down next to DogDay and CatNap. CatNap pointed at Kickin then used his tail to also point at Hoppy, using his other hand to hug DogDay.

You raised an eyebrow at the two,

"Hoppy, Kickin?"

You crossed your arms still looking at them,

"Well uh..."

Kickin rubbed the back of his neck avoiding eye contact with you.

"Me and Kickin were teasing CatNap an DogDay for being scared of the thunder,"

Hoppy blurted out. You looked at Kickin to see how he reacted, he hung his head after giving a small nod and you sighed.

"And I'm guessing it went too far?"

You asked, rubbing the space between your brows. Kickin and Hoppy nodded,

"We're sorry momma,"

Kickin mumbled. You sighed as you shook your head, holding your hand up,

"Don't say that to me, say that to them."

You stated, as you gestured to the cat and dog on the couch. Kickin and Hoppy looked at each other before Hoppy sighed and turned back to DogDay and CatNap.

"Sorry guys, we took it too far."

"Yeah sorry,"

Kickin added after. CatNap just looked at them before he huffed and nodded. DogDay looked up at them,

"It's ok guys,"

He sat up more and you heard footsteps behind you. You turned around to see Dorothy standing there with crossed arms.

"From what I heard and now see- Hoppy and Kickin?"

She asked, tilting her head. You nodded and stood up,

"Yeah, but it's all mostly sorted out now."

Right after you said that thunder boomed from outside again making CatNap and DogDay jump again. Dorothy saw this and looked at the two before she huffed and said,

"You guys want something to block out the loud sounds?"

DogDay looked up at her before he nodded. Dot nodded back,

"Ok then, be right back."

She left and you looked back at the critters. You decided to sit in between where DogDay and CatNap were and where everyone else was sitting. All the other critters were either talking to another or watching the TV screen with interest.

DogDay moved to lean against your leg, dragging CatNap with him as well. It took a few minutes, and a few more spooks from outside, until Dot came back holding a pair or headphones.

"Ok, here you guys go. I'm not sure if it'll fit but maybe if you both use it?"

She hummed handing the headphones to the two. DogDay looked at them curiously before he put them on both his and CatNaps head. Dot snickered at that, sitting down in front of the couch on the floor. DogDay seemed surprised when the loud sounds from outside were -mainly- blocked out by the headphones.

He smiled lightly before he leaned against your leg again, pulling CatNap as well and making the cat lean against him instead. The cat yawned seemingly tired now that the sounds had been blocked out and closed his eyes.

You smiled softly at the two before you rubbed DogDays head gently making his tail wag behind him. You were glad that that whole situation had been dealt with, but it probably wouldn't be the last time something like this happened

— — —

A/N: a more bittersweet chapter this time ^v^
Anyways, I hope you have a good day/afternoon/night wherever you are!