-⭒- First Morning -⭒-

[⭒2nd person POV⭒]

You woke up to 8 still soundly sleeping critters all scattered around your bed.

You were confused and a bit concerned at first until you remembered the events from yesterday and calmed down.

You hadn't exactly hoped that it had been a dream but it sure felt weird to see that 8 talking and walking plushies living in your home was indeed a reality now.

You sighed and sat up, making sure to not wake any of the critters. You tossed your feet off the side of the bed and grabbed your work clothing before you walked out of the room and into the bathroom in the hallway to change. After you finished changing you decided to check on Dorothy.

You opened the door quietly to see her still asleep, snuggled under her blankets. You smiled softly and closed the door again.

Walking down the stairs, you decided that you should make some breakfast before you had to leave for work.

You entered the kitchen and started debating what to make.

Pancakes?

Yeah, you thought that could work.

You started making the batter for the pancakes, using a pre-made box of batter and adding in the liquids.

After a bit you had finished the batter and grabbed a pan, placing it on top of the stove (but you didn't turn the stove on just yet though, don't want a fire now do we?) as you hummed to yourself starting to travel away from the stove to go back upstairs to get all the kids up.

Walking into your room, you started to gently wake up the critters one by one. CatNap was a bit harder to wake up but you got him up eventually.

"Almost breakfast time kiddos. Come down whenever you're ready."

You said over your shoulder, walking back to the door, watching the plushies rub their eyes and yawn. You chuckled before walking back downstairs and starting to make the pancakes.

Eventually all the critters made their way downstairs, seemingly excited by the smell of the food. Dorothy didn't come down with them so you assumed she was still sleeping.

"Whatcha making?"

DogDay walked over to you and hugged your ankle while looking up at you. You looked down at him and smiled before you placed the spatula down and knelt down to be at eye-level with him.

"Just making some pancakes for you all, dear. Now would you and your siblings sit down at the table please?"

You asked, nodding your head towards the dining table. DogDay nodded and started to call the others over to him before pointing to the table. There were only four seats at the small table, you didn't need a large one since it had just been you and Dorothy, but they were small enough that the critters could share.

After a bit you had finished all the pancakes and were handing out plates to all the critters.

"Oh uh, morning."

You turned around to see Dorothy standing in the doorway of the kitchen looking around the scene like she had yesterday, probably having a similar reaction to what you had earlier.

"Morning Dot. I made pancakes."

You said with a smile as she walked over. She just nodded in response, as she ran her fingers through her tangled ginger hair. She yawned and rested her head on your shoulder still messing with her hair.

"Hi Dorothy!"

DogDay said, waving at her and standing up on the chair.

"Morning,"

She replied, before she removed her head from your shoulder and walked over to the counter. Noticing there were no more empty seats, she hoisted herself onto the counter and crossed her legs in front of her, resting her elbows on top of her knees.

You shot a look at her, you had asked her to stop sitting on the counter so much since the counter space was pretty limited. She shot back a look that said, "there aren't any more seats and I ain't standing."
You sighed and rolled your eyes but you had a small amused smile on your face.

DogDay tilted his head at her before asking,

"Do you want my seat?"

He gestured to the wooden cushioned seat that he and Hoppy were sharing. Hoppy looked up at him with a raised eyebrow (she's like "this is my seat too boi"), but Dorothy shook her head.

"Nah, I'm alright. Thanks though."

She started to comb through her frilly hair again with her fingers as you handed out pancakes to each of the critters.

You handed a plate to her as you said, "I have to leave for work now. Take care of yourself and the kids and I'll be back around 5:30 to 6p.m, ok?"

You told her as you placed a light kiss on her head,

"Ok. Hey um, can you go to the store and get me some new pens please? Mine are starting to run out of ink."

She asked, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Of course. I'll see you after work, love you."

You said, walking over to the door,

"Love you too,"

Dorothy said back, taking a bite of the pancakes you had given her.

The critters ate while talking to each other while Dorothy ate in silence thinking of what to do with the 8 little critters.

She looked up from her plate at the plushies sitting at the table, she held up her fork with the last bit of pancake on it.

"So..."

She started, getting the Critters attention. She popped the last bite of her breakfast in her mouth before asking,

"What do you guys wanna do?"

— — —

A/N: Sorry this ones a bit shorter, but we get sibling bonding next chapter!
(there probably won't be too much Y/N next chapter tho so I hope y'all are alright with that 😅)
But anyways, I hope you have a good day/afternoon/night wherever you are!