-⭒- New Friend -⭒-

[⭒3rd person POV⭒]

Y/N was still asleep, tired out from her last shift at work while Dorothy was with Bubba in the kitchen.

"Momma said I could come with you today, right?"

The blue elephant asked, looking at Dorothy as she nodded,

"Mhm, just let me finish eating ok?"

Bubba nodded, waiting for Dorothy to finish. After a few minutes Dorothy stood up and put the plate she was using in the sink before scooping up Bubba and walking over to her bag.

He climbed in and she pulled the strap over her shoulder walking out of the house and shutting the door behind her.

— — —

After a few hours Dorothy had made it to lunch and had split her sandwich with Bubba who was eating it in her bag. She wasn't paying attention to the loud room, or at least trying to, when she felt someone tap her shoulder.

She turned to look at the person and saw a guy -most likely 15- with dark curly hair pulled into a small ponytail, tan skin with a few freckles and brown eyes giving her a small wave.

"Hello. Is the seat next to you taken?"

He asked, and Dot noticed he had an Italian accent. She shook her head no,

"Nope,"

She turned back to face forward and took a bit of her sandwich. He nodded slightly and sat down, placing his tray on the table in front of him. She hadn't seen him around before but he seemed chill enough so she wasn't bothered by the new presence. She had noticed that he also had a knee brace around his left knee, she wondered what that was about but didn't ask.

"Uh, I'm Rowan. I just transferred here a few days ago,"

He said after a bit of silence, making Dorothy look over at him.

"Oh uh, I'm Dorothy, you can just call me Dot if you want."

"Like from the Wizard of Oz?"

He asked with a small smile, and she could see that he had a tooth gap. She tilted her head at him,

"Uh...I guess?"

She shrugged, taking another bite of her sandwich.

"Where'd you transfer from?"

She asked, he took a bite of the pizza before he answered.

"Oh, I used to go to Everest high school, but my dad got a new job here so here I am."

He shrugged,

"I didn't have many friends from Everest so it wasn't too hard of a change."

Dorothy nodded as she listened. She knew what it was like to not have too many friends.

"I understand that. But uh, tell me more about this 'Wizard of Oz' story?"

She asked, seeing Bubba peek his head out of the bag from the corner of her vision. Rowan perked up when she asked,

"Oh it's a great story! So- it's starts with a girl named Dorothy and her dog Todo,"

He started to explain the story enthusiastically as Dorothy listened.

— — —

They had made it to the end of school and the two learned that they had a few of the same classes, including their last period so they were currently walking out of the school together. Dorothy was telling him about the school and some places she liked in the area.

Eventually they got to his street and had to part ways. After they had said their goodbyes and Dorothy continued walking towards her street Bubba poked his head out of her bag.

"Is he gone?"

Dorothy glanced back and nodded,

"Yup, and we're almost home, so don't ask,"

Bubba nodded and was quiet for a moment before asking,

"Is he your friend now?"

The blue elephant tilted his head at Dorothy as she shrugged,

"I guess, he didn't seem like he didn't like talking to me."

Bubba nodded at the answer before he asked,

"Do you think we could read that book he was talking about?"

Dorothy hummed thinking about that,

"Probably, I could see if they have it in the library."

Bubba grinned before hiding in her bag again.

— — —

Dorothy entered the house making Y/N look up at her from her place at the table.

"Welcome back. How was school?"

She asked, making Dorothy look up at her while she was holding Bubba in her arms and placing her bag on the ground.

"Pretty good, I met a new person. And I think we're friends now?"

Dorothy answered, moving to sit down next to her while Bubba ran off to go do something else.

"That's good,"

Y/N replied, putting her phone down.

"Anything else interesting happen?"

She asked. Dorothy hummed in thought before she started to talk about what happened in some of her classes.

— — —

A/N: Eyy we've got a new character! I feel like I kinda rushed this chapter, sorry about that- •>•'
Hope you enjoyed the chapter and have a good day/afternoon/night wherever you are ^^

P.s- you can still request stuff! Ima probably leave that open for a while since I want this to be a more interactive story (if that makes sense-) ^^