-⭒- Sibling Bonding -⭒-

[⭒3rd person POV⭒]

After Dorothy had asked what the critters wanted to do they all started shouting out answers startling her.

"Ok ok! One at a time!"

She shouted, causing them all to quiet down. Dorothy sighed and hopped off of the counter.

"Hoppy, what do you wanna do?"

She pointed at the green rabbit, who stood up on the chair and said, "I wanna play outside!"

"So do I!"

Kickin shouted as well,

"I'd like to draw,"

Crafty spoke, and Bobby nodded along with that answer.

"I'd be alright with whatever."

DogDay said with a small shrug, Bubba, and Piggy agreed with him while CatNap just nodded.

"Alright well finish your food and we can go outside, Crafty and Bobby I can get you two something to draw on and with if you'd like,"

Dorothy said, Crafty and Bobby nodded and they all started to finish their food (and rather quickly might I add).

Dorothy placed the paper plate she had been using in the trash. DogDay noticed this and jumped off of the chair so he could throw away his paper plate as well. Dorothy saw this and chuckled before moving to take any of the plates that the critters were done with.

After that they all went outside with Hoppy, Kickin, Bubba, and DogDay all playing soccer with a ball Dot found in the garage. Crafty was sitting next to her, drawing with some old crayons while Bobby both drew and talked to Crafty about...something, Dorothy wasn't sure what they were talking about nor was she really listening. Picky was just sitting on the steps next to Dorothy's feet, munching on an apple.

She leaned back on her elbows, looking up at the clouds in the sky when she felt something coil around her wrist.

She looked down to see CatNap wrapping his tail around her wrist while he watched the game of soccer going on.

"Well it's nice to see you awake for once."

Dorothy said, looking down at the purple feline before looking back up at the sky. CatNap only shrugged and continued to watch the game.

— — —

Eventually Dorothy had all of them come back inside as it seemed the game was getting out of hand ("Hoppy and Kickin are VERY competitive, noted."). She eventually got them all settled down enough to turn on the TV and have them all watch something. She was sitting on the couch with her knees curled up in front of her. She was lost in her thoughts when she felt a paw tap on her leg.

"Hm?"

She looked down to see DogDay had moved to sit next to her and he was looking up at her.

"Yeah?"

She asked, turning her head towards him. He fidgeted with his paws in his lap before he asked,

"Do you think Miss Y/N likes us?"

Dorothy tilted her head at him,

"What do you mean?"

"She left today, and she said she wouldn't be getting back until it was kinda late."

He looked down at his legs and it took Dorothy a moment to process what he was talking about.

"OH- ohhhh...you mean mom leaving for work?"

She asked, and he looked up at her with confusion all over his face. She rested her head against the back of the couch,

"She just leaves to go to her job, nothing more than that DogDay."

She said with a shrug,

"Although her schedule is a bit weird..."

Dot muttered, looking up at the ceiling.

"How so?"

DogDay asked. Dot looked down at him then back up at the ceiling with a hum.

"Well, she's juggling both a night job and a day job, so you'll see her leaving some days while others she'll probably still be asleep when I'm awake."

"Ohhhhh,"

DogDay kind of understood what she was talking about, but...not fully.

"But she'll be back soon,"

Dot said, looking at her watch,

"It's almost 6,"

She sighed and set her arm down at her side, and she moved her eyes to watch the TV screen.

"I have kind of a weird question..."

DogDay muttered. Dot looked back at him again,

"I'm all about weird questions, shoot."

She replied as she gave him a small grin.

"...do you think...um..."

He seemed kind of embarrassed as he spoke.

"Do you think Miss Y/N would let us call her 'mom'?"

He asked, so quietly Dot could barely hear him. She blinked at him before she chuckled.

"Yeah I'm sure she would, you just gotta ask her,"

DogDay seemed a bit surprised at her response as he looked up at her. Her gaze, however, had returned to the TV screen.

"Well since we're on the topic of names, can I call you 'Dottie'?"

He asked, with stars in his eyes. She looked down at him and chuckled again,

"Sure,"

She said, he nodded rapidly,

"Ok, Dottie!"

He said with a giggle. Dorothy laughed softly at his antics as she noticed DogDay's tail wagging back and forth rapidly, making small thumping sounds from colliding with the cushions.

— — —

"I'm home! Sorry I'm late, I was..."

Y/N entered the living room of the house, her sentence trailing off as she saw Dorothy on the couch with 8 sleeping critters somewhere near her, DogDay being right by her side. The Tv was still on, casting a white glow around the room.

The woman covered her mouth, which had curled into a large smile, so as to not make any sounds that could wake the sleeping group. She'd have to ask what kind of magic Dot had to get them to be able to sleep this soundly, and only around 7:30 too! She was half expecting them to still be bouncing off the walls (some more than others).

But for now Y/N just let the group rest, turning off the TV and quietly placing the pens and markers she got for Dorothy on the coffee table with a small note and placing a small kiss on Dorothy's head (and giving a small kiss to each of the critters as well) before leaving for her room.

— — —

A/N: We love to see the siblings getting along
Hope you enjoyed the chapter, and have a great day/afternoon/night wherever you are!