-⭒- Mom? -⭒-

[⭒2nd person POV⭒]

You woke up to the sound of someone knocking on the door of your room. You covered your face with your hand, blocking the light from the window from getting into your eyes, before standing up, stretching
–cracking your back in the process–, and yawning.

"You awake mom?"

You heard Dorothy's voice from outside the room.

"Mhm, I'll be out in a moment."

You replied, rubbing your face as you heard Dorothy walking back downstairs. It took your eyes a moment to adjust to the room, which was mostly dim except for the areas near the window where the light was flooding in around the edges of the curtains.

You walked over to the bathroom in your room grabbing your brush and combing through your hair. After you finished brushing your teeth as well, you walked out of your bedroom and down the stairs.

Dorothy was making toast for herself while the critters talked to each other.

"Good morning children,"

You said, walking over to the coffee machine. The critters all waved at you and said their good mornings. DogDay called Dorothy over soon after. She took a bite of her toast and walked over to him, leaning down so he could whisper something in her ear.

You shrug this off as nothing much and make yourself a cup of coffee. DogDay continued to whisper to Dorothy and eventually the other critters joined in their 'secret' conversation as well.

"What are you all talking about?"

You asked, leaning back against the countertop and taking a sip of your coffee.

"Nothing much,"

Dorothy said with a shrug, standing up straight again.

"These guys just have something they want to ask you."

DogDay looked up at Dorothy as if she had just spilled his biggest secret ever while she looked back at him nonchalantly and shrugged.

"Well what is it?"

You asked, walking over to the table while the critters looked up at you.

"We were just wondering if um..."

DogDay started, rubbing the back of his head and looking off to the side.

"Can we call you mom?"

Bobby shouted from her place. You processed the information before you chuckled.

"Of course,"

You answered, making the Critters all look excited.

"Well I guess you have nine kids now, mama."

You heard Dorothy say, taking another bite of her toast.

— — —

A/N: Welp Y/N has officially adopted 9 kids in total now-
Hope you enjoyed this -shorter- chapter. Have a good day/afternoon/night wherever you are!