Chapter 20: The Talk

Tw: Make-out

Third person pov:

It took James a few seconds to figure out that the pillow he was wrapped around was in fact, not a pillow but Regulus. It was funny to James that once in his lifetime, Regulus' skin felt warm. Usually, it was very cold to his touch, but now it was fairly warm. He supposed it was because of him being wrapped around Regulus. He found himself staring at the younger boy who was still asleep.

His body is wrapped with the blankets as if he was a burrito. James smiles at this, slightly moving around. James rubs his eyes as he sits up in the bed. Regulus and him were supposed to stay on opposite sides of the bed but seeing how that ended up, they obviously had other plans. Now, what those were, even James didn't know.

James' eyes keep going back to Regulus. His smaller body (yes I'm fully aware that Reggie was taller than James, but for right now he isn't.) engulfed in the blankets. His face resting peacefully away from James. Or how Regulus' body is barely moving as he takes in each breath. This scares James a bit, but he figures that Regulus is fine.

After a while of set staring at Regulus, James realizes that Regulus is tiredly looking back at him. James blushes, as the younger boy smiles a droopy smile, as he sits up.

"Well, good morning to you, sunshine." Regulus says.

"Good morning, lovely."

The younger boy lets out a small giggle as he draws his legs up; to sit criss-cross. James just yawns a bit, before he rests his head on the others shoulder. Regulus' hair tickles James' neck and ear making James laugh. Regulus looks at him while placing a small kiss on his nose.

"Why do you always kiss me on my nose?" James asks, quietly.

"Why? Do you not want to be kissed on the nose?" Regulus responds, shifting in the bed.

"No! No, I'm jus' wondering, I suppose."

"Okay then. Well, you have my favorite freckle on your nose and your the first one to kiss me on my nose, so just thought-"

Before Regulus could finish, James gently grabbed Regulus' face and kissed his lips. Regulus should have been surprised, but instead, he kissed back quickly. Regulus' hands found their way from James' chest and to his face. James smiles and Regulus feels his lips part as he does. Regulus takes his chance and moves his tongue in; forgetting they haven't brushed their teeth. Regulus pulls away partly because he was scared that he would taste gross and also what James would think. James opens his eyes and looks at Regulus. 

"What's wrong?" James asks, taking Regulus' hands in his own.

"Nothing, it's just that neither of us have brushed our teeth or anything." Regulus mutters.

James laughs as he gets up and out of the bed, leaving Regulus to sit there.

"Hey! Wait!" Regulus quietly exclaims as he gets up to follow James. James walks to the bathroom, with a curious younger Black brother behind him. He opens the door and walks in. Regulus stops at the door.

"You going to come in?" James asks, smiling something between a smile or smirk.

"While you go to the bathroom?" Regulus asks.

"No, I'm going to brush my teeth. Aren't you?" He asks

"Oh! I mean yeah, I will." Regulus says, blandly.

"That's what I thought, lovely." He responds, chuckling lightly.

Regulus walks up to the counter where James is and grabs his toothbrush. He puts toothpaste on the brush and starts brushing his teeth just as James does. They both look at each other in the mirror. As they do that, the door opens slightly to a drowsy Sirius.