2 - family chain

- Madison -

"You called me?" I spoke out right after cracking the office door open. "Yes. Come in, Madi." Lorraine pulled her eyes on me with a smile. "Well. Are you settling in nicely here? Sorry i had to literally yank you out of the United States to come to Spain with me."

"I accepted to be apart of your team for a reason plus traveling around with something else besides my bike is like a refresher." I replied after taking a seat across from her.

"Right. Well, it seems as you'll have to get back on track with escaping through the alleyways. Overall there was only one reason why i wanted us to move here." The woman explained. "And what reason is that?"

"The hope diamond. Tonight there's an event hosted at a local museum and we have to do everything we can to keep an eye on that necklace." Lorraine confessed. "Keep an eye on it? We usually are the ones that discreetly come in and walk out with everything we needed."

"Madi. This is not gonna be a usual heist. And for that reason.. i'm multiplying your paycheck times three." She leaned forward on the desk and said. "Woahh. Okay. As good as that sounds, there's not a possibility that i'm about to reveal my face to everyone for multiple millions. I've gotten so far in life without having my image across every police station so you should be aware that money isn't the only thing i'm after."

"Times five." She didn't hesitate to announce. "And you've understood the mission wrongly. We're a team that works secretly and that will forever be our priority. But this heist won't be about going in, taking it and walking out. I've gotten multiple names that are gonna be after it so that's why our plan will be different this time."

"Go on."

"There's about three teams that are gonna take this event as an advantage for them but i'm already certain about which one will succeed first so your task will be to manipulate them when they're gonna believe that they've gotten away."

"Okay? Am i gonna have to act innocent and ask to join them?" I rolled off a chuckle. "Not quite. You'll have to manipulate but only a certain someone. Make them fall in love with you. I'm sure you remember how smoothly this went last time." She smiled back but i had no mindset of finding this fun anymore.

"You've gotta be kidding me. The last time was for the sake of revenge. It's a completely different thing to do it because i have to focus on something they have!"

"Madi. It's gonna happen so fast. And does the pay for it not surprise you? You'll obtain it for only doing a one week job." She continued to convince me. "Excuse me? In a week? Do you really think i'll make a person fall in love with me in just a week?"

"Well. Maybe i exaggerated a bit with making them love you. But i didn't wanna be too up front because the main thing is for you to get in their hideout or wherever they're planning to keep the necklace. If you have anything better in mind with how to get in then please tell me."

"Okay. How about just breaking in? Why do i have to act double faced? Not like i'm not trained to glide through windows if needed." I smiled out and said. "Sure. Time will come for that but we still have to find out where they will be hiding it and we'll need the key to the room - didn't think of that, did you?"

"Alright. I'll play this character. When do i start?"

"Here. A photo of the girl that you'll be going after." I absorbed her pull her phone out. "Girl?" I locked my confused eyes on her.

"What? From what i've noticed since finding you back in March, you're bisexual, aren't you?"

"Okay. Well, could have mentioned that! When i did this before it was a man. How am i supposed to know how to make a girl like me? The last same sex relationship i've had was back in college."

"Madi! I know her! That's also the only reason i even believe this plan will go on smoothly! Everything you'll need to know to get closer to her, i'll be able to help." Lorraine confessed and finally turned the phone screen towards me.

"Alina Blanco." I heard her say and my eyes widened to the picture but only after i repeated the last name in my memory. "Wait. You're also- But aren't you a Blanco too?" I questioned. "She's my daughter."

My body froze. So many questions flooding my mind that i couldn't even catch a single one to say it out loud.

"You're- wait, wait. First of all. I've met her before. Just yesterday. I attended the stock car race for my day off." I slouched back in the seat, finally taking my eyes off the photo.

"Oh? That's honestly even better. The first chat is off the list then." The woman proudly smirked back. "How are you so damn calm?! You're about to make me take advantage of your daughter? I hadn't even known you had one!"

"Madi. I trust you. Can even call you my daughter for how much stuff we've been through in just the last months."

"Lorraine. Do you even understand what you're asking me to do? I'm not dumb! You call this just a simple plan of manipulation but i can see it through you! If we'll need to, we'll have to get rid of her completely. Isn't that right?!"

"I haven't faced her for years, Madi. And the last time was the most traumatic of it all. She put me through nothing but hell and i won't lie, i did the same for her. I forced her into this lifestyle which she surprisingly has adapted to nonetheless but here we are. In a hate relationship and she disowned me of being her mother."

"And in return you're planning a revenge plan just because she threw you under the bus?" I asked even though i was starting to understand the situation.

"Blood related or not. I'm a cold hard bitch and she did everything she could to ruin my life even though she was just 17 years old back then." Lorraine confessed, clearly not happy about her past.

>>>