21 - box of love

- Madison -

I heard the faint footsteps approach the bedroom and i kicked back in reality, grabbing the closest thing on the nightstand which happened to be a book.

"Hey." Alina's voice came in and i made it seem like i forcefully pulled my eyes off the page. "Can i come in? I need a jacket. Have to go and get extra wood."

"Yeah! Of course. Come in. It's your bedroom. But it's already pouring outside, you're gonna get soaked." I commented as she fiddled through the closet.

"But we don't wanna be cold tonight, do we?" Alina pulled a rain coat out, throwing me a smile. "How's the book?" She didn't hesitate to ask after noticing it in my hand.

"Very intriguing. It's been a while since i've read so good decision on starting one after these years." I tried to focus back on it instead of her visible abs that just got covered by the coat.

"I can tell it's been a while." The response from her sounded clear but there was a slight speck of mocking that escaped so i looked back at her. "Why do you say that?"

"Well you've also forgotten how to hold one." She said, confusion overtaking me. "Madi, the book is upside down."

Oh my god.

As i tried to come up with a clever response, the sound of the door closing appeared, Alina leaving the room as i slammed the cover closed, my body flooding with embarrassment.

I need to do something. I'm so desperate for us to just lay a touch on each other. This soft, small talk is driving me nuts even though we sort of have forgave one another. There's no way i'll be able to survive this night without her being next to me either.

I grabbed my shirt and pulled it off, showcasing the Calvin Klein bra. I swapped my jeans with a pair of shorts, at this point ready to just seduce her if that's what it will take for us to get back to normal.

Making my way to the kitchen, i discreetly roamed in the area, deciding to actually make a drink or something to make it look less suspicious and i saw as the sight of Alina came from the hallway, setting the bunch of wood by the furnace.

"The rain is so heavy already." I heard her say and i took a glance. "God! Did the rain coat even help?" My eyes examined her with a shock. "Honestly no. There was no poin-" Her gaze landed on me, immediately traveling down.

"I see that someone lost their clothes, huh?" The smile spread on her lips before walking over. "I got hot. Want a drink though? Mixed two juices." I looked down, inserting two straws.

"Hot? This weather is more ideal to put on large clothes, not the opposite, Madi." She kept her light smirk but i went in to take a sip first. "Are you trying to seduce me?" The question left her mouth and i literally choked on the liquid from hearing her catch on.

"Someone's forgot how to swallow too."

"Oh my god! Stop!" I eased out my breathing before laying a slam right on her shoulder. "What are you trying to do?" I felt her hand slip around my waist. "Alina! You're wet! Take the coat off." I blurred out and she did just that, setting it on the counter behind her.

My eyes immediately studied out her body, the abs even more tensed up from the coldness that is roaming through her veins.

"Just a few hours ago you argued with me about the fact that all we do is have sex but right now that's your only intention, isn't it?" My waist was grabbed, Alina lifting up on the counter top with ease.

"I'm sorry about that. You know i love it but just maybe.. Babe i want a bit of romance. Not all make outs have to end in bed." I confessed yet she immediately moved away, opening up a drawer.

"I'll learn from my mistakes. Will that be enough? I'll try my best to make that happen." She stepped back in front and said but i could tell she held something behind her back. "Promise?"

"I promise with this." A small box was brought in my eye sight, the woman opening it up to reveal a ring. "What? When did you get that?!" I grabbed it, taking it out as the blue, small diamond was absolutely glowing.

"Remember i went to the store this morning? Well our dumb fight had me visit a jewelry place too. But Madi, please, i'm sorry i'm not the way you want me to be. I'll change that though." Her sweet words brought my eyes back on hers.

"Oh my god! Alina, i don't want you to change! Are you dumb? Are you seriously gonna change for the sake of me?" I placed the box aside to give her my full attention.

"I don't fucking care. You want me to go outside and stand in the cold? I'll do it. I don't know, make me buy you the whole damn jewelry store. I'll fucking buy it for you!"

"Stop." I wrapped my arms right around her neck, pulling her in for a hug. "I don't want any of that." I whispered right into her ear. "Right now all i want is you."

>>>