19 - left conscious

- Madison -

I stepped out of the bedroom, my legs leading me down the set of stairs but just as i was about to unlock the door, the sound of a gun cocking made my feet glue to the ground.

"Going somewhere?" Lorraine's voice traveled from the kitchen and i took a breath to calm down before turning around. "Yes. I actually was." I calmly replied, walking over to see as the gun was placed on the counter as she took a sip of wine.

"Do i look dumb to you? Sure, i passed on confronting you about the last few times you snuck out at night but i think it's about time we talk, why don't we?"

"What times? I have a friend that's offering me for a drink tonight. I'm not some child that needs to ask permission."

"What i'm talking about is the fact that you're trying to get me killed! Madison, the guard has saw you multiple times! You have been sneaking out at this exact time the past days! Who the fuck has bribed you?! What word of us being incognito do you not understand?!" The woman had completely lost her cool but i tried my best to stay calm and avoid the weapon to actually be used.

"What bribing? What killing? I'm not turning my back on you! I leave at night for a reason! Make multiple circles around to make sure no one is following no matter where i go!"

"Shut up. Shut your god damn mouth and tell me where the fuck have you been going?!" I watched as she stood up, closing the distance between us with the gun in hand.

"It's Alina, isn't it? That pathetic, ungrateful daughter of mine. You never listened and are probably working against me, right?" I felt as the hard tip pressed right into my abdomen, my throat growing dry as i was nowhere close being prepared for this to happen tonight.

"I know it's her. I can tell by the fear in your eyes, Madi. Now why are you two dragging this on for so long? The L-word was said when she came here for the necklace and that was weeks ago so i'm surprised i'm not dead already."

"We're not against you. At least not right now. But your order for me to get rid of her - i've been doing nothing but lying to you about the so called failed attempt to do it." I bravely confessed, finding no way out of the truth.

"Oh you fucking backstabber!" The gun immediately went up, forced into my temple yet in the corner of my eye, i could see as the guard was just standing in the distance so i couldn't do anything but just stand still.

"You're not gonna pull the trigger. Unnecessary trouble." I spat out, Lorraine's lips slowly forming a wide smile. "Oh i won't. You're right. But can i say the same about Alina? No. I'll put her through such misery that she's gonna wish i just made it happen with only a gunshot."

"If you dare hurt her, i won't be the one to kill you. She will and i'll watch proudly in the background as she ends your life with her bare fucking hands." I slammed her hand off, the weapon dropping from her hold yet i didn't even bother to get it, Lorraine sticking in place herself.

"I'm out. I'm fucking done with you and your team. I can't believe how dumb i was. Alina told me everything. How you had made her girlfriend's death look like an accident from your homophobia. Even thought up with this extraordinary plan to make her fall in love with a female after these years. And here i was, thinking it might have been both of your faults on the hate relationship. I was so dumb. Lorraine, you're nothing but a cold hearted bitch. As a mother, criminal. Everything." I spat out and didn't waist any more time before storming out the house.