8 - the threat

- Madison -

I walked up to the mirror, running my fingers through my hair to fix up the messy hair. My eyes gave a glance down though, seeing the red toned spot just on my bottom lip. I couldn't even force my smile away as the events from last night flooded my memory.

How she kept me close.
How our lips connected.
I feel like a teenage girl who just had her first kiss yet the emotions are a lot deeper. But then again, maybe i felt like this from how long i haven't gotten any attraction from a woman. Have i missed it that much?

The few knocks on my bedroom door caught my attention, watching Lorraine crack the door open. "Can i come in?"

"Mhm."

"How did yesterday go? I came back home and the door guard told me you had also left quite early and didn't even come back until midnight."

"Alina called and offered me to help with baking and attend the small party at her friends house."

"What was the occasion? I hadn't even known you were close with her friends as well." I absorbed her through the mirror as she took a seat on the bed. "Hailey had found out the gender of her child so yeah. I wouldn't call myself being close to them though. I just went because Alina offered. But what do you want?" I cut the small talk short and turned around.

"Any news on the necklace? This is going on longer than i intended it to. Besides never would have thought that they'd transfer and lock it up in the middle of nowhere."

"God. That's all you think about." I mumbled under my breath. "What was that?"

"Nothing. But what do you want me to do? Just throw on my mask and break in? Steal the fucking key from her that unlocks that dumb mansion where the necklace is?"

"Madi. None of this shit! We always do it discreetly and we'll keep it that way! Just invite yourself over and get a sample of the key. It can't be that she guards it 24/7. I don't even understand why you hadn't done it yesterday since you were over at her place."

"That's exactly what she does! I noticed that she keeps all the keys in one and on her. Do you just want me to pickpocket?!"

"Use your charm and seduce! Have sex with her! Clothes will be off and you'll get an opportunity to get a sample."

My lips gapped as those words left her mouth. Completely taken back from how she's acting towards her own daughter.

"You're disgusting. Do you even acknowledge that?! Do you understand what you're asking me to do?!" I lost every bit of my calm state, yelling right back at her. "Don't fucking dare shout at me!" Lorraine stood up, breaking the distance between us.

"You'll do as i said and get me that damn necklace! She is not my daughter, blood or even friend anymore so for all i care, i could order you to kill that bitch and i'd feel zero sympathy!"

"You're insane. You would be ready to just get rid of your own daughter? Do you even have a fucking heart?!"

"She isn't my fucking daughter anymore! I disowned her and she did the same to me! All that's left are memories that i give my all to erase from my memory! Now call her and arrange a god damn meet up. I'm done waiting." She spat back. "Go fuck yourself."

"Do as i fucking say!" Her hand without hesitation wrapped around my neck, her grab blocking my airway. "I have the ability to make you vanish forever. Sure, it will be risky to do the same with Alina but if that's my last option to get that diamond then i'll do everything i can. Now call her and ask if you can come over." Lorraine said and dropped her hand, having me step back immediately.

"Call her!" The woman yelled out once more and i pulled my phone out, finding her contact number right away.

>>>