20 - her soft smile

- Alina -

I slammed the front door closed, locking it behind before entering the kitchen. My eyes landed on the bedroom door though, Madison practically rushing out. "So? What did he say?"

"Didn't i fucking tell you to get the fuck out before i get back?!" I blurred back, the girl stopping on approaching. "Babe, i'm not leaving. I don't care what you'll do or say but i'm staying."

"What the fuck are you trying to accomplish from this? It's a simple damn task. Grab the few things you have here and leave me alone!"

"Where am i supposed to go?! Lorraine and i are done so i can't step a foot in her house again. She already raised a gun at me last night! Do you just want me dead? Or to live on the streets?" Madison confessed and took the chance to finally move closer.

"I don't give a flying fuck. You have money. Buy a house, apartment, i don't care. Just get out of my face!" I fired back and grabbed a bottle from the mini fridge, about to screw it open yet her hand yanked it out. "Stop drinking. If you didn't care about me that much then you wouldn't drown yourself with alcohol."

"Give it back." I took a step closer, reaching my hand out but Madison clearly had no intention to do so. "I know you just came back from the studio. Alina, there is no way he lied. Your knuckles are bloody, i know you literally punched the truth out of him."

"If so?! Sure, yes! He said that the photoshoot was the only thing that happened! But you-" My hand went in to take a hold of her arm, trying so hard to not lose my cool. "If i ever see, hear you get so damn close to being naked for someone else, you're done. And that's my last warning."

"Okay! I'll listen! Yes! I'm not doing anything like that ever again. Can you forgive me now?" She placed bottle on the counter and i didn't hesitate to grab it back, pouring a drink.

"Just get lost." I mumbled back, downing half of the glass. "Do i need to drop to my knees? Because i will. I'll beg if you want me to. Alina, you win. I fucked up and i admit it. Yes, at that moment i didn't acknowledge what the outcome will be but i thought of nothing else but you whilst at that photoshoot."

"I still staying in the guest bedroom tonight so you're sleeping in the main." I said and brushed past her, heading straight into the room.

-- The Next Day --

I grabbed the gloves and stepped out the bedroom. My gaze already landing on Madison from standing in the kitchen. "Are you okay? Feeling better today?" She questioned yet i pulled the thick gloves on. "Made coffee. You can have my cup, i'll make a new one for myself."

"No time for breakfast. Need wood for the furnace." I coldly spoke back and made my way to the backyards shed, gathering a bunch to bring inside.

"The weather app says that it will be storming tonight. Will have to watch out for the few trees that are the closes to the cabin." I heard her continue the small talk but i kept my attention on the furnace, loading it full.

"Alina, can i get one fucking conversation at least?! You're treating me like shit! We already don't sleep together. Don't touch, kiss. Nothing!"

"Is that all you want from me?! Using me for pleasure?!" I dropped the matches and yanked the gloves off, walking right over to her. "Honestly, you are the one that uses me. I got nothing but sex when i was still sneaking all the way out here. Do you even understand that a woman needs some romance from her partner too?! Not just intercourse!"

"Oh? So that's what made you believe that showing your skin to someone else is okay? You were mad at me? Lacked some idiotic romance feeling and hoped that some stranger would make you feel it?"

"Even if that situation wouldn't have happened, i still would have confronted you about this at some point! You're selfish, Alina. Just like any rich person. Have money falling out your pockets but still can't even consider to buy me the most smallest but heart warming gift."

As those last words left her mouth, my hand reached in my back pocket. "Calling me selfish, huh? Okay." I pulled my wallet out. "Buy yourself whatever the fuck you." I threw about 6 grand on the counter top.

"Not satisfied? Okay. Here. One of my cards. There's about 100 grand on it." I pulled it out but Madison immediately forced my hand back. "Stop. Alina, no! I don't need it. God! I didn't want to make that such a big deal just a comment about your personality."

"I move from mission to mission, always worried about some cops on my ass! What if i don't show romance? Show love in a way you want it? Madi, i haven't been in a relationship for years. I have no clue how to make a person happy besides the ways i'm still used to." The pure anger had completely dropped, the girl staring back at me with the most softest eyes.

"I'm sorry, Madi. I'm sorry i'm such a pain in the ass. I had acknowledged this want of yours but i had no fucking idea how to fix it. I feel like it would have been stupid to ask too." I explained, the desire to just kiss her after all this was so high but i held back, knowing damn well that everything has turned out to be the both of our faults.

"But uhh, what did you say about the weather? It's gonna be storming tonight?" I walked back to the furnace, finally lighting a match for the fire. "Yeah. Hard storm. Lightning, rain." Her faint voice traveled back to me and i discreetly took a look, absorbing as she's just mixing the coffee, deep in her thoughts.

"I guess i'll go to the store while i still can then. Want anything? Well not as i have no idea what you like but maybe have special requests?" I asked and stood up, Madison's eyes taking a look at me.

"It's okay. Get anything we both like." She spread a soft smile, making me literally weak so i looked away, just walking to the front door. "Wait but take the money."

"Forget about it. Have it honestly. Can burn it if you want." I proudly responded, catching another smile of hers form yet i unlocked the door, leaving the cabin.

>>>