14 - attached

- Alina -
- One Week Later -

I watched as Hailey threw the bowling ball with the help of Archie, almost striking down all the pins. "Your turn, Ali." I heard Beth announce, my eyes noticing the tv screen that showcased i'm next.

"You can play it."

"Ali, what? You know i'll purposely throw it incorrectly. This game is for 5 grand."

"Well then go and do it. Feel proud that i'll be off the top three then." I responded and stood up, walking off to the bar area. "Make me a gin rickey." I ordered and observed the bartender mix it up.

"Here you go." He handed me the glass and i took a sip without hesitation before deciding to just get back to our table.

".. so Madison was apart of that." I ever so slightly heard the last bit of a sentence from Beth.

"Apart of what? What are you snitching about her now?" I sat the glass on the table, glancing around everyone that was listening.

"I mean what could i possibly be telling instead of the incident with her being apart of Lorraine's business. Ali, you for real ignored all the red flags. This wasn't even the first time you were used either but damn, you don't learn even a little." Beth explained.

"What fucking red flags? Should i just be staring at every girl that comes up to me with suspiciousness? I'm tired of that. I wanna believe that not every one of them is after money."

"But that's your problem! You want to believe that and that gives them a reason to manipulate you easier. But look at you now! This one got you the hardest. Can't even function properly and spend time with your friends without being in your stupid mind, thinking of someone that wants nothing to do with you anymore!"

"Okay, Beth. Chill out. You also gotta understand her situation. She fell in love with someone who doesn't feel the same but love is still love, it's there nonetheless." Another friend spoke in but my blood was boiling up further from this conversation.

"Michael, that woman hasn't came forward to Alina ever since we visited Lorraine's house!" Beth spat out to him before pulling her attention back on me. "She fucking used you! Made fun of you! Did everything to wrap you around your finger and here you are, still attached to a woman that's most likely still laughing about how dumb you were!"

I walked around the table and yanked her chair out, my hands grabbing her collar to force her up. "Say that to my face! Tell me how much of an idiot i am for falling in love!"

"You're more so the dumbest criminal to be known! So fucking vulnerable that anyone can fool you! You're someone i call a naive bitch and i'm surely not insulting you but describing you!" My sister showcased zero fear, cutting deeper into the realization i've been dodging but the truth only made me more raged.

I forced my hands forward, watching her trip over the chair and on the floor. My feet stood on each side of her, fist landing right across her face but the utter yank on my arm had me pulled back.

"Stop! What the fuck?!" Archie screamed in my face. "Fuck off! Focus on your own problems! Do you really think Hailey has been faithful to you?! She's nothing but-"

"Alina! Shut up! What nonsense are you making up?!" Hailey's voice cut me off and for the sake of that i forced Archie away, leaving the arcade building.

- - -
My eyes scanned the casino nightclub, making sure to observe every single person that either entered down the staircase or was in the small club.

"Hey." My eyes panned back next to me, Micheal taking a stool to sit down on. "How'd you know i was here?"

"It's your shift tonight so i assumed." He said, the regular liquor being placed in front of him. "Well? Archie ordered to find me? Wanted you to punch the information i know about Hailey out?"

"No, no. I'm not violent in that way. Besides as soon as you left, Hailey immediately swerved out of the situation you almost put her in."

"Hmm. Like she always does. Better liar than Madison is, that's for sure."

"Yeah.. about that. What were you gonna confess? You know you can trust me. I'm barely close to any of your friends so i wouldn't even have a reason to out you just because i seek for loyalty in friendships."

"It wasn't anything that crazy. I just know Hailey wasn't faithful to Archie when she got pregnant so i acknowledge that the kid might not be his. She didn't even hide that possibility when i asked about it back then." I calmly explained.

"Oh god. Got such a family but everyone has their secrets that can be ranked worst and worst with every person."

"Nobody is an angel since we got involved in the criminal life but i'm surprised by your attitude. I was practically ready to punch my own sister to death but you just sat there at the table. Even now aren't saying anything about how wrong it was."

"Alina. I think you did the right thing. She was the one that came at you first and the reason for it was absolutely disgusting." He responded before reaching his hand out to grip my shoulder. "Alina, i get that you're actually whipped for this woman. I can fucking see it. You can acknowledge it yourself and that's only beautiful. If only i could look at a female in that way and she would do the same to me."

"Yeah. Who knows how i'll get out of this though." I rolled out a laugh. "You have to see her again. You have to talk to her."

"I don't know. I've survived a week so far so i think it's best i continue the cycle and just forget. The new house is also giving me a better view on life. I'm dedicated to just accept my stupidity."

"Well whatever you're planning to do, i support. But maybe want to take a break completely? I offered you to work here for the nightshift but the best type of distraction is to travel, leave the country for a full perspective change."

"No, no. I'm okay. I wanted this just so i have alternatives on where i want myself to be isolated every night. And don't even dare mention with the need to pay me for this. I sold the necklace so i'm stacked."

"Alright, alright. It's impossible to convince you. But slack off a bit. This is a secret club and one of the smallest so don't have to look at everyone like they're some intruder." Micheal playfully exclaimed.

"I'm not dumb, buddy. I know the safe you've built behind the wall cabinets. Not about to fail you with letting someone get it open."

"Hm! Okay! Already know all my secret spots? No, sure, thanks honestly. I'll leave you be though. The club is closing in 2 hours so is the upstairs cafe tonight so you'll be able to have a quiet stay this shift." He responded and i watched him finish the glass before heading up the stairs.

>>>