23 - turn of plan

- Alina -
- A Few Weeks Later -

I tucked the strand of hair behind the girls ear, studying her soft, pretty face even deeper but just then her eyes ever so slightly opened, getting used to the bright lighting.

"You're becoming a creep lately, Alina." Her morning voice entered my ears. "Why? What for?" I asked but completely unbothered of this sudden comment, still examining her.

"Staring as i sleep. It's creepy." She announced yet scooted her face closer, stopping it just under my chin and my arms wrapped around her for a hug.

"I know you like it, amor." I said and she forced her head back out, giving me a look. "Where the hell are you getting that assumption from?"

"It's not an assumption, it's the truth." I smiled down. "Stop. Now where's my morning kiss, huh? I'm gonna get even more mad at-" I interrupted her sentence, pulling her lips on mine.

The kiss escalated fast and i began slipping my hand further down her bare skin yet i felt as Madison's body tensed up, almost like she didn't want it.

"Wait." Our lips parted, watching her lay on her back. "What happened?" I forced myself on my elbows, scanning her out. "I don't know. I- god." Her eyes shut closed. "What's wrong? Talk to me." Pure concern overtook me.

"I suddenly feel so sick. Fuck!" She scooted herself sitting, trying to fight the feeling. "Is it the throwing up feeling again? Babe, what's going on with you the past days? Listen, i'll-" I stopped myself from grabbing my phone and watched as she rushingly got out of bed, running right into the bathroom.

"Oh my god. Madi, i'm done listening to you!" I yelled out, unlocking my phone right away. "I'm calling a doctor. Okay? He's a friend of mine so won't have trouble come all the way here to do a check on you." I explained and called up his number immediately.

- - -
I carefully cracked the bedroom door open, my sight noticing Madison still in the bed, resting as i told her to. I kneeled down right next to her side, brushing my hand over hers to gently wake her up.

"The doctor is about to be here in about 10 minutes but beautiful, i won't be here. Beth suddenly called whilst i was making the breakfast for you. Said she needs to talk to me. Something urgent about Lorraine." I quietly explained, the girls eyes shooting open right away.

"About Lorraine? Alina, please be careful! God knows what she has came up with." I absorbed as she was about to get up but i forced her back down. "I'll be careful but what i want in return is for you to stay still. Madi, rest until he gets here. I sent him the door code so you won't have to open the door either, okay?"

"Okay. Yes. I'll stay put."

"Do you want breakfast though? Made bacon with a salad and eggs."

"No.. I swear i'll throw up again from just seeing food right now." Her face filled with disgust, clenching onto my hand harder. "Okay! I won't ask twice then but i'll be going. Promise to be fine until i get back?"

"Mhm. But kiss me one last time before we receive the news of me having some virus that's sticky." The sight of her release a smile had me copy it immediately. "If that's what this whole sickness in you is about the last days then i won't give a flying fuck, babe." I responded and leaned in, pressing a soft and long kiss on her.

"I'll happily be sick with you." I added in before standing up. "God, i love you so much." Madison exclaimed. "I love you more." I went in for another peck but left her be, shutting the door behind me.

- - -
I took a stop at the red light and i noticed as an unknown caller appeared on my phone, decided to answer it nonetheless.

"Yes? Who's this?"

"Hi Alina. How have you been?" I heard the familiar females voice come through. "You know what, better than 13 years ago when i was still a naive teenager and called you my mother."

"Harsh. Real harsh." Lorraine sighed out, visibly letting me hear the pain in her voice. "What the fuck do you want?" I cut the small talk and asked.

"To make peace. Sure, sounds unbelievable but how about you come for a visit to the place you once broke into? I have a bottle of whiskey. We'll talk everything out."

"Trying to lure me into a trap?" I didn't hesitate to ask. "Alina. My brave, little girl. I know you aren't as dumb as you were so i don't think i'd be able to go against you even in a fist fight."

"I'm glad you acknowledge that but let's do it. I wanna hear what peace you exactly want to make between us even though i want to see you nowhere else but in a god damn grave." I replied and hung the call up, ditching my sister's need to see me as i switched my route to Lorraine's house.

>>>