15 - face to face

- Madison -

I made myself down the staircase, eyes already scanning around the club that is on the last hour of closing.

Roulette tables, karaoke stage, lounge area. How can this small place have anything valuable hidden in it?

"Well, well. Look who has balls to make such an appearance in my face again." A voice brought my eyes off the cabinets that were among the walls. "Alina?"

"No. You're worst nightmare. Where had you gone though? Lorraine locked you up after you fucked up the mission so badly?" The woman's arms crossed, such intimidation that i tried my best to kick the confidence back on.

"I surely don't know what you two got going on but she isn't any worse than you are."

"Yeah, yeah. Like mother, like daughter. Classic definition. Now what has she assigned you to do now? To come after the money i received for the diamond?"

"I could ask you the same question. You, a club. I wonder what you'd be doing here." I replied. "Surely nothing as criminal as you were going to do if i hadn't saw you come in."

"Alina, quit thinking i'm just some manipulator. Honestly, since we've met.. can we talk?" I forced my thought out loud but her expression didn't change.

"Alina, i'd happily watch the world go up in flames if something happened to you and if that's not enough for you then i don't know what to tell you."

"Really? Would you be the one that light the match too?"

"If you'd ask me to then sure." I didn't hesitate to say, the woman actually taking a pause after my dedicated answer.

"Your lipstick is smeared. Seems like the thing you call love is nowhere as strong as you told me it was since you're riding out a new person." She confessed and i immediately brushed my fingers against my lips, trying to recall what happened.

"Oh my god! No! I'm not! I don't know what happened! Maybe i accidentally smeared it!" I blurred the words out, absolutely terrified that she won't believe me. "You look like a slut in that dress, Madi so i'm not even surprised that men are drooling over you."

"Alina! Please! I haven't been doing anything like that! Everything i've said the last times we've met has been true! I seriously haven't stopped thinking about-"

"Shh. Stop. Say another word about love and i'll brutally drag you out of here so before i change my mind, i suggest you leave yourself." She stepped closer, obviously serious about her command. "You have no right to do that. This is a public club. So you'll just have to accept it and talk to me." I forced my last bits of bravery out.

"This isn't a public club. People who have the permission to enter can even come close to here so god knows how you got down but i swear to god, move your slutty ass back up before i do it myself." The woman whispered back and i decided to just give in.

- - -
"I don't know when you'll get the chance to go down there again. This was the one time when the guard wasn't by the door so what the fuck happened?! Why didn't you just find where the safe was?!" Lorraine blurred out to me.

"I couldn't allow Alina to make a scene! Then i'd definitely not even be able to come close to the club ever again!"

"God! Why is she everywhere now?! Perhaps she is after the safe? Was there to scan the place out too?"

"Uh-uh. Don't think so. What do i do now?" I asked, fully lost about this situation. "You have to give it a go again. Without knowing where that dumb safe is. It's closing sooner tonight so this is our only night having it empty from any people."

"But the alarm? Security cameras? They'll surely be turned on because of that."

"Madi, no need to worry about the cameras, you'll be masked and you know how to access the alarm system to switch it off." Lorraine made her point clear, having me realize how stressed i am about this from forgetting my own capabilities.

Nonetheless i stood up, ready to head for the office door. "I hope you're not doubting this right now though." Her words caught me back in place. "Why would i be, boss?" I turned around to look at her.

"After seeing Alina. You obviously acknowledge that she's still all well and alive. Still in the city. Might be considering to try and make things work out between each other. I'm not forgetful, Madi. I remember what you were confessing to each other when my brave daughter came for a visit a week ago."

"Boss, i had to talk her way out of killing me in some way. That was the first thing that came to mind since i knew she had fallen in love with me." I confidently confessed.

"Whatever you say. This better be the truth. Now after you succeed this mission, we'll focus back on her. I heard that the necklace is long gone sold but the money she got for it will be ours so i'm letting her breathe only for a few extra days."

>>>