6 - transportation

- Madison -

I shut the door behind me and slipped my heels off, my heart in literal war with my thoughts to try and forget all the moments from the date.

What the fuck? Have i seriously lost all my talent with trying to be double faced? The more i spend time with Alina, the more i realized how careful i should start to get. She's a woman that can just read you out like a book if i wouldn't be showcasing anything else but pure innocence.

"How did it go?" Lorraine appeared from the corner with a smile. "Good. I think i'm finally having her dragged into some deeper emotions than just friendship." I threw the confession out and moved forward towards the kitchen.

"Did you kiss her?"

"No, of course not! Do you really expect me to just come at her like that so soon? We're grown woman. Not teenagers that can't control themselves." I replied and gathered myself another glass of wine even though this would be my third.

"Madi, we're losing time! The one week mark is tomorrow so you're only making this worse for yourself with dragging it on!"

"I know what i'm doing so i'll probably call her tomorrow and arrange another date."

"Probably?! Great. Yeah. Do you even understand that this whole thing is depended on you?! I need that necklace! God knows where it even is now and if they haven't sold it yet! I already asked you to discreetly try and visit her the last time you went out and now i hear that only now you have pulled her into the romance phase?!"

"I already paid her a visit." I calmly admitted, sipping on the wine. "The necklace is being transferred tomorrow morning so now it's your turn to give me advice whether we should intervene mids it or i'll just be going after it when it gets to the location."

"Wait, wait. You- had the date ended at her place? How do you know that?" I watched her frustration knock down. "I got impatient and broke in. She caught me, sure, but i heard the conversation she had with someone on a call. So what are we doing now?"

"Caught you?! Madison! How stupid are you?!"

"God! Calm down! As if i do my job with an uncovered face. So just chill out, Alina is wrapped around my finger. Now what are we planning to do now? Should i just get it over with and go after it when they begin the transfer?"

"No, no! We can't have that happen. Such a visible attack is only gonna make everything worse. It's best you only track them and find out the location where they're planning to take it."

"Alright. I'll get some rest now and i'll be by her house in the morning." I said and finished off the glass before leaving towards my bedroom.

- - -
I switched my bike off and allowed it to just roll forward. My eyes kept a good look towards the van that parked in front of a house so i stopped behind a corner.

Two men stepped out, swinging the back doors open and the black box was lifted out. But just then i absorbed another car speed up, Alina getting out of it and sharing a conversation with the two.

I kneeled down and pulled my phone out, saving the location of this area yet as i was about to peak around once more, the obvious sound of footsteps traveled towards me.

My leg flew over the bike and i switched the key on, twisting the throat as far as possible, the back wheel even slipped out before i managed to move and catch a glimpse of Alina a few steps away from stopping me.

>>>