11 - the plan backfired

- Alina -

The constant pecks that i felt in the crook of my neck had me literally light up but i continued to keep the smile inside, wanting to see how long she'll keep this going on for.

My hand discreetly slipped on top of hers, Madison not waisting time to interlock them together and i finally pulled my eyes open, moving ever so slightly to get her face out in the open.

"You were awake?" Her expression switched to disbelief and i released a smile about it. "Just woke up." I lied back. "But what were you doing while i was asleep?" I turned my body her way, ready for what lie she'll give me.

"Nothing."

"Right. Now should i believe you or not?" I slipped my hand on her cheek, my thumb brushing across the red toned spot on her lip. "Why wouldn't you believe me?"

"Maybe because i didn't just woke up and know what you were doing." I whispered out, Madison plastering a smile back. "I don't know what you're on about." She continued to play her part and i pulled myself closer, trailing a few kisses along her neck.

"God. You're making that my weak spot!" She forced me away, fully affected from my action. "Well. Thanks for letting me know. I'll take note of that." I smiled down, Madison completely losing it and breaking the eye contact.

"You know, there is something i just get so attached to about you. The fact that you can be so confident one day but then every bit of it vanishes when i take over the role." I explained, catching her gaze back on me. "Don't underestimate me." I felt her hand wrap right around my neck, yanking me closer.

"God! I guess i should listen." I gently pulled her hand off but intertwined them together, lovingly touching the back of it with my thumb. "Want breakfast, amor?" I swapped the topic.

"What did you call me? Isn't it a bit too soon?" Madi rolled off a chuckle. "I don't know. I don't think so. Besides i think saying it in spanish doesn't have such a strong effect then if i did it in english." I explained. "Hmm. Weird assumption. Say something else. I wanna know if that's actually true."

"Estoy empezando a enamorarme de ti." I came up with the first thing that came to mind and watched her face flood with confusion. "What does that mean? I wanted a word not a sentence!"

"I called you arrogant." I responded. "Because it seems like you love playing around and trying to one up me with who has the dominant hand." I finished off, continuing to examine her pretty face.

"I'd hate to learn spanish if it takes that many words to say something so simple." Madison admitted and i tried my best to hold back the laugh. "Yeah! But uhh, about the breakfast. What do you want?" I swapped the topic and asked.

"Coffee is the main thing. The rest is up to you. Anything you're having, i'll have too."

"Alright." I leaned closer and pressed a quick kiss down before getting up.

- - -
I sat my coffee on the nightstand and finally locked my full attention on Madison, absorbing as she's still just mixing her half empty cup. "Madi, what's wrong?" I moved myself closer.

"Huh?" Her thoughtful eyes came up on mine. "I asked, what's wrong? Everything was fine before i went to make the breakfast. What happened while i was gone?"

"Nothing!" I watched her force up a happier expression. "You look sad. Don't try to convince me otherwise. Maybe you're thinking about what happened? Regret it?"

"Oh my god! No! I don't regret it. Not a single thing!" She placed her cup away, pure frustration spiking in her. "Then what's wrong?! Did someone text you? Call you? You switched up completely after i came back."

I grabbed her hand, trying to understand if she even wants to be close to me anymore and she immediately got up.

"I have to leave. I'm sorry. That was honestly the thing i kept thinking of." I heard her explain whilst walking towards the door but i rushed up, slamming my hand against it to stop her.

"Why? What is more important that it has you thinking of it? And why are you acting like this so suddenly?" I bursted my questions at her and Madison stepped over, her arms wrapping right around me for a hug that i tightened without hesitation.

"Talk to me." I whispered out. "I can't. I just-" She forced her face deeper in the crook of my neck. Even though i could tell something was wrong, i still felt how she eased into my arms. But the more we stayed like that, the more terrified i got that this seems like a goodbye.

"Speak to me, Madi!" I forced my face in front of hers. "Alina," her hands dropped as she stepped back, "i'm in love with you. I have fucking fallen in love with you! I can't even believe i've caught onto that only now but i was so focused on something else that i hadn't even realized how it happened."

"Madi. Why are you so afraid of that though? Everything's okay. Just-"

"Alina. I fucked up. I can't- i don't even know what to say so i'll just go. I'm sorry." And those were her last words before opening the door and leaving my sight.

>>>