1 - captivated

- Maddy -

I stood up and walked towards the nightstand, positioning the flower vase ever so slightly to the right before rushing back to my chair.

I kept glancing between my sketch book and the sight in front of me, mind absolutely blank about where to start the drawing from so i stood back up and brought the chair in front of my window.

Setting the sketch book on the windows ledge, i took in the view that showcased the sunny neighborhood street from my bedroom window.

Still nothing. Absolutely no inspiration or will to sketch something i've done a million times so i slammed the cover shut and laid my head on my arms, the boredom actually eating me alive at this point.

The sound of a car engine brought my eyes up though, seeing a black corvette speed up in the driveway of the house next and sort of in front of our home.

The new neighbors already arriving today? How rich are they too?! Convertible super car? And in this quiet, lame neighborhood?

My gaze continued to absorb the car though, seeing as the roof had finally closed and the door to the drivers seat opened.

Fuck me. It's a female.

The woman's fingers traveled through her blonde, wavy hair and she lead herself around towards the boot. I watched as she leaned down to grab a gym bag and i dropped my eyesight down her body with absolutely amazement.

Drop dead gorgeous.

I wonder why she's alone though? Can it really be that she's moving here by herself? A woman that is a spitting image of pure beauty, money possibly falling out her pockets, hasn't got a fiancé?

I think at this point i was hypnotizing her from how long i've been staring and her eyes came off her phone, body turning around and facing our house.

Her gaze had explored every part before i saw her eye sight lock right on my bedroom window. I swear it was like the hugest wave of embarrassment that took over me and i wanted it to stop by looking away but when i saw a visible smile spread on her lips, i stayed put.

Should i wave? God! That's so childish! How else do i communicate to not make this awkward though?! She's in a distance where i'd have to scream after opening my window and that's not something i wanna do nor do i even want to make such contact.

The woman hadn't broken the eye contact since and i wanted to melt already. It wasn't just a friendly, welcoming stare though, she looked intrigued, almost captivated from studying me.

Her smile had grew wider and the eye contact was held as she picked up her bag, shutting the booth but within that, the woman turned and i absorbed as she made her way to the front door of her house.

"Maddy?" A voice traveled into my room and i looked towards the door, seeing my mom peeking inside. "The dinner table is ready. The guests are about to be here any time soon."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll change and be downstairs." I responded but as i looked back out the window, there was no sight of her anymore.

"Well? Found an inspiration? You were running around the house a few minutes ago, absolutely frustrated of not finding anything to sketch." I heard her continue.

"No. I lost any ideas at this point. I'm giving up on making a new sketch tonight too."

"Oh? Whose car is that?" Sandra questioned and i noticed as she was staring out the window herself, examining the corvette.

"New neighbor." I replied, trying to sound unbothered even though i was practically drooling over this lady a minute ago.

"Quite rich, i see! A person like that in our neighborhood? What could they possibly be going through that they're picking their house on a budget?"

"How would i know?" I gave a glance up. "Alright, whatever, change though. I want you to be greeting the guests when they come in. Unlike the other times when you don't even participate in holiday dinners with them."

"Mom, i'm so done with hearing everyone saying that i'm all grown up now, what are my plans after high school and all that bullsh- stuff."

"What was that? What were you about to say?" I felt the tight grasp on my shoulder yet i only released a laugh about it.

>>>