24 - hotel room

Kate

(irl + social media)

I watched as Charlotte scrolled on her phone, lying in bed. Just as I was about to lay down, she got up, walking towards the bathroom.

"Wow, did I really just scare you away?" I joked.

"I'm changing." Charlotte called out from the bathroom. She returned in a Brandy Melville spaghetti strap tank top and those tiny boxers that she had like a million pairs of.

She laid back down on the bed, getting comfortable under the covers and going on her phone. We were at a good distance apart from each other. Not too close, not too far.

Charlotte put her phone onto the beside table next to her.

"Are you going to sleep?" I asked.

"I'm just resting my eyes." Charlotte replied with some joking attitude in her voice.

Charlotte laid with her eyes closed and I just watched her. Charlotte's eyes suddenly fluttered open.

"Kate, you know you don't have to pretend like it didn't happen." Charlotte said. "I mean you could just forget about it. Or you could do it again?"

Charlotte was talking about the kiss from earlier and the one from the other day. She understood me so well, she knew I obviously was pretending like it didn't happen because I was honestly unsure what to even do.

So I went with the second option, grabbing her face gently and placing a kiss on her lips.

"Good choice." Charlotte said as I pulled away.

Minutes have gone by and Charlotte was back on her phone, laughing at something Kylie probably sent her.

"What happened to going to sleep?" I asked.

"I told you I was just resting my eyes." She said.

"Oh yeah, my bad."

Charlotte continued to laugh at her phone, I just laid there, admiring her. The dimples that appeared on her face every time she'd smile.

Her eyes met mine.

"Ew stop." She said.

"Stop what?" I asked.

"Looking at me like that."

"Uh."

"Look at the wall."

"So you don't want me to look at you?"

"Uh, no."

"Then what do you want?"

"I want a lot of things and-" Charlotte suddenly went silent.

I smiled and just laughed at her. Soon enough she was fast asleep, I grabbed her phone and plugged it into the charger, then I fell asleep too.

We woke up at 10:30. The latest I've woken up in a long time. I looked down to see Charlotte in my arms. She had just woken up too, looking up at me.

"Aw." She said.

"This was all you. You were practically fighting me in your sleep to get my arms around you." I defended.

Instagram

8,249 likescharlotteobrien hotel mirror pic :)

8,249 likes
charlotteobrien hotel mirror pic :)

comments:

katemartin03 cutie
charlotteobrien aw thx kate❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥

caitlinclark22 ur so pretty
charlotteobrien thanks! wish i could say the same for you 😞
     caitlinclark22 CHARLOTTE
          charlotteobrien i'm joking ur gorgeous

parker.riley u told me u lost that skirt. give it back. it's MINE.
charlotteobrien u have my skirt still from JUNE.
     parker.riley give mine back before i pee in urs

gabbie.marshall up bright and early! (2 hours after everyone else)
charlotteobrien love u! (hate u!)

jadagyamfi i'm being forced to comment
charlotteobrien yk it's not nice to lie jada

author's note
they're so cuteee
!!!!