27 - thanksgiving

Charlotte

(irl + social media)

It was now the Gulf Coast Showcase which meant the team had 3 games to play in Bonita Springs, Florida. The girls had a game literally the day after Thanksgiving, so nobody could see their family. They were having a team Thanksgiving and Parker and I also were going since it was now an unspoken rule that we were always invited too.

We sat around a big table and Kate and Jada cooked for everyone. Kate was a really good cook so she was excited to be the one to cook for Thanksgiving. Jada was just there for moral support.

We were mid meal and everyone was just talking about the game tomorrow.

"So, Charlotte." Jada said. "Did you drop Annie yet?"

"Yep." I said.

Lots of girls cheered for me and I just laughed and shook my head.

"It feels wrong." I said.

"But it's the right decision." Caitlin said from across the table.

"I guess." I shrugged.

"Okay, screw Annie. She's gone, so can we talk about something else?" Kate asked.

"Yeah, like let's play a game." Kylie said.

"A game?" I questioned.

"Yeah, let's play kiss, marry, kill." Kylie said.

"Um okay." I said.

"Okay, Charlotte. Kiss, marry, kill, Annie, Kate, and Sophie." Gabbie blurted out.

Everyone went silent and turned their heads towards me.

So either my ex best friend, my complicated situationship, or my ex girlfriend.

"No, she doesn't have to answer that." Kate said.

"No, come on! Let her cook." Jada said.

"Um, kill Sophie definitely." I said.

"Yeah she's the worst." Sydney said.

Kate stared intently at me, waiting for the next answers.

"And then kiss Kate and marry Annie." I said.

"Not the other way around?" Caitlin asked.

Kate furrowed her eyebrows.

"I mean at least I know what to expect with Annie. I don't know if Kate is secretly crazy deep down and I'll have to get a divorce." I joked.

People started to laugh which made it less awkward. I just hated being put up on the spot but I was not about to say I'd marry Kate Martin in front of this whole team.

Instagram

30 likesitsnotcaitlin charlotte is stuffed

30 likes
itsnotcaitlin charlotte is stuffed

comments:

charlotteobrien cant eat anymore
itsnotcaitlin tummy hurts

katemartin03 someone had too much turkey
charlotteobrien ofc i did bc u made it

jadagyamfi she needed a rest
charlotteobrien i'm cooked

parker.riley the shoes on the bed.
itsnotcaitlin I KNOW.

gabbie.marshall she ATE... too much.
itsnotcaitlin LMFAO

After dinner the girls were going to a party with just the women's and men's basketball teams. Parker and I tagged along as always.

Everyone was seated on the floor around an empty beer bottle. We were playing spin the bottle.

Every single spin made me more and more nervous knowing it could land on me or even Kate at any moment.

And that's just when it landed on me. So I had to spin it. Deep down I was hoping it would land on Kate, and if not her, at least someone on the women's team that I was friends with.

But it landed on a random guy.

I looked at Kate and she was already looking at me.

I could see it in her eyes, she did not want me to kiss this guy and I didn't want to either.

"I'm not playing this anymore." I said.

author's note
good save char!