40 - dui

Charlotte

(irl + imessage)

(irl + imessage)

It was 10:30 pm and Kate and I were laying on the couch and I was laying directly on top of Kate, my head dug into the crook of her neck and my arms wrapped around her waist.

Kate's arms were around my body and one hand was rubbing up and down my back gently.

Kate's phone began to ring and she reached over to the side table to grab it.

She looked really confused when she saw who was calling but she still answered it.

"Hello?" She said, sounding confused.

"Who is it?" I asked, lifting my head up to look at Kate.

"Annie." She whispered, I could barely even hear her it was like she was just mouthing it.

"Oh, yeah. Okay." Kate said to Annie, then she hung up.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well she knew I'd probably be with you and since you still have her blocked she called me to tell you that she needs you to go pick her up." Kate explained.

"From where?" I asked.

"Well, she may or may not have been pulled over and she was warned about a DUI so she was let off but needs someone to drive her home." Kate said.

"You're kidding." I groaned.

"Unfortunately not." Kate sighed.

She grabbed my face with both her hands and placed a kiss to my forehead.

"I think you should go get her." Kate said.

"But I don't want to get up." I frowned.

"I'll be right here waiting for you when you get back." Kate smiled.

Deep down I was glad Annie called. Try living with your best friend every day of your life and then suddenly they're gone. It's true what they say, about how you don't know how much something means to you until it's taken away.

Kate dropped me off and I found Annie sitting on the curb of a sidewalk in a random parking lot. She needed someone to drive her and her car back home.

"Just so you know, my body camera is on." The police officer said.

"Oh my gosh am I gonna be on TikTok?" I joked.

I knew that would make Annie laugh and I was right, it lifted that miserable look off of her face.

"You're lucky you have a good friend." The officer said.

"Yeah." Annie mumbled.

I helped Annie into her car and the police officer let us go.

The car ride was quiet until Annie broke the silence.

"I'm sorry Charlotte, I miss you a lot." Annie said.

"I miss you too Annie." I said, which was true, I did.

"I just was going through a hard time but now I'm okay and I'm here for you and however much you want to share with me even if you decide not to tell me anything." Annie said.

I didn't respond, I just thought to myself. Annie was never the person to force an answer out of you so she didn't say anything else.

I dropped her off at her building and helped her inside.

When I got back to Kate's she was right there where I had left her, waiting for me.

"You did it." She smiled.

"Yes I did." I said.

"I'm proud of you baby."

iMessage
annie hawke

this contact has been unblocked

charlotte
steal my shit, slap me, yell at me, use all my shampoo, force me to listen to you complain.
just never stop being my best friend.

annie hawke
i love you char i'm so sorry
i threw all my shit on you

charlotte
i love u too anns❤️

annie hawke
come home?

charlotte
i'll be there soon

annie hawke
also u lost our snap streak

charlotte
u can pay to get it back if u want!🫶

contact name changed: annie🐶

author's note
sorry if ur an annie hater
but just cause my friend cheats on her man doesn't mean i'm dropping her
she didn't cheat on me🤷‍♀️
this chapter is not in the original order i wanted it to be but i feel too lazy to watch kylie's nyc vlog rn so i wrote this and switched the order