Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

"You will never guess who I have just grabbed coffee with." I announced as I placed my shopping bag on Luke's settee as I sat myself on the arm.

His eyes stayed watching Jeremy Kyle on television, "Who?"

"Chantelle McIntyre. Though that isn't important at the moment, it is the afternoon why are you watching this now?" I frowned. At the moment, there was this huge chick wedged between these really skinny lads. It looked like something you would make up for a few laughs in a sketch show.

"I recorded it this morning. I always watch Jezza." He replied nonchalantly. "You should watch this one though it has just started." He advised, shoving the pizza box off the settee and onto the coffee table. "Here, sit."

I sat where he told me to with a grimace. "Tell me she hasn't been sleeping with them two." I am trying not to think about how they would have sex but it is all that is on my mind. It just looks nasty. Not the girl, the whole thing.

The caption underneath reads: Why did you sleep with my sister while I was giving birth to our child?

I mean, where the bloody hell do they find these people? In fact, why would you announce it on national television? It isn't like they get paid! They just get a night in some nasty hotel in Manchester.

"One on the left is who cheated on her and the one on the right is her current piece. Just wait until the sister comes on, she is bigger than her!" He seemed so engrossed in this show that it made me worry for his mental health. How can someone actually sit and watch this drivel? If Jeremy Kyle ever told me what to do I would nut him.

"Right, I'm not doing this. Let me start again. I just caught up with Chantelle McIntyre in town." I repeated.

He paused, yes paused – not muted, the television and turned to face me. "You did? Did she say anything?" He looked caught off guard.

"How do you mean?" I asked.

He blanked for a few, more seconds before he started smiling again. "Just wondering if she mentioned that we stay in touch." He explained.

"Oh. Yeah she did actually. She was wondering if you wanted to meet up with her on Friday at the Red Lion?"

"Yeah I'll be there. Got no plans."

"Did you two ever sleep together?"

He looked at me like I had grown a second head and then snickered. "Chantelle? Really?" I nodded my head. What was so funny? She was good looking. "No. I made out with her for a dare when we were about fifteen but no. Never even looked at her like that. In fact, I would never do that to her. She was hilarious and I ain't ruining that over a quickie."

"I thought you might have by now. Since you know... she is single." I hinted. It would be great if the two of them got together. The fact that they still spent time together after all of this time was a testament. They'd give each other company and she could keep his flat clean for him because he isn't going to do that on his own.

"Oh I know!" He cried, completely missing what I was suggesting. "That prick she was dating before. I was going to rip his head off! He was a right pompous ass, I tell you. He was forcing her to do things she didn't want to do. When she finally kicked him to the curb he looked a right mess. Proper right-hooked him, she did!"

"Good to hear." I already knew the story but he didn't know that. "Anyway, I might go and see Zak again."

"What are you going to say?" He asked. "I mean, if I was you I would get him to apologise first. He had no right to act like he did."