Chapter Three

Picture of Zak:

Chapter Three 

Now 

   Princess Street was a dead end just like Luke had predicted. The stupid smirk when we got there only riled me up further but then if Zak was there I would have done the same so I can hardly blame him.  

   We were heading to Turner Street now, it was a street on the south side of the city and it was unruly and not somewhere I ever dealt with. The people down there never abided by any rules and had no respect for anyone but themselves.  

   Whenever I had to go down there they never came out of their hiding places. They would also never conform to our ideas or suggestions and it made for difficult business down there, especially when they would get into fights with some of our low-rankers. 

   Even though they would never come near me when I happened to be down there, they always got into fights with my runners. I did not care much for them in the beginning but I had to make a personal appearance after a few months of it going on and they soon stopped.

   They were scared shitless of me but the reason as to why I hated doing business down there was because they had no respect. They treated everyone around them like they were scum and you could not trust them as far as you could throw them.  

   So when Luke suggested Turner Street as the next stop, I was surprised but I did say we could go wherever he wanted to next so I am going along with it. He still has not given me an explanation as to why we are down here though. 

   "Why Turner Street? The kids down they are all assholes, there is no chance anybody would go near Zak." 

   Luke slowed the car down as we arrived at a red light and turned to face me. "Turner Street is leading out of Peel Brook and Tony has been expanding down there for the past year." He explained but I just thought Tony was absolutely stupid. 

   At least I taught Zak how to fight when he was a teenager so he will be able to hold his own against a bunch of twats who were brought up the wrong way.  

   "Is that just a completely stupid move by Tony?" I wondered aloud. 

      Luke shook his head, "It is not as bad as it used to be. Tony has been pushing his own men onto the streets and the locals are starting to accept them as part of the furniture now."  

   I could not understand it and I was not. It was stupid and dangerous and Tony just wanted to be the person to try and get a hold of all areas in Kingston. It did not make you big and strong it made you an absolute fool.  

   "Well Tony is an absolute wanker. You cannot buy loyalty." 

      "He is that," Luke agreed. "Although I have not heard much of him recently."