Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

-May 2004-

   The date scribbled at the top of the page read 7th May 2004. It had been five months since I first asked Megan out and it had easily been the best five months of my entire life. 

   Every weekend (or the one's I wasn't at Stanley's) I was with her. We'd go for strolls in the park or we'd get everyone together and just have a laugh. I even went to the Lake District with her family during the Easter holidays. It was perfect.

   We hadn't slept together but I was waiting for her birthday next month before I brought up the subject. I knew she wasn't a virgin - she must have slept with Cameron - so I was a little nervous. We had fumbled with each other, a bit of fingering and she had tossed me off when we went camping two weeks ago, but we didn't want to take that next step there. It had rained and Chantelle and Jay were there. 

   It was the last lesson of the day and Stanley was picking Jay and I up straight after school. He said he had a surprise for us and I couldn't wait. I loved being there. I couldn't believe that I had been nervous around Stanley originally! 

   Once you got to know him properly (I'd now known him for seven months) and you obeyed his few rules, he was nice to be around and he was helping with my confidence a great deal. Even Chantelle - yes, the very same one - had noticed that I had been building myself up. She also complimented me and told the rest of the boys to follow my suit. 

   They all kept asking where I trained but I had to lie and tell them that I went with my granddad to his golf club and I went to the gym there while he played golf. I had to make up the name on the spot and everything because I panicked and didn't want to name one around here in case they tried to go themselves. 

   At least I didn't completely lie, my granddad does play golf - it is just my granddad who lives down south in Hampshire and not the one I live with. 

   "Hey Luke, what are you doing this weekend?" As far as I was aware I was free and I wanted to do something. For the first time in ages, I didn't actually have any plans on Saturday. It was warm outside so if the weather stayed the same we could just hang out at the park all day. 

   "I'm at my grandma's tomorrow because my mum and dad are going away for the week." He grumbled. "They get to go to New York and I've got to stay with my grandma who cooks me a horrible tater' ash full of onions every night and then makes me eat every last drop even though I can't stand it." 

   "Where does she live? Is she near?"

      He shook his head, "No she is miles away. I have a few friends down there from when I visit and my aunt will be driving me to and from school but it isn't the point, why can't I just stay at home? I'm nearly fifteen years old!" 

   I had to agree - that was hardly fair. He was nearly an adult and if they did, we'd all be able to go round to Luke's house and hang out there instead of outside - have a party and everything.

   "That's rubbish." I told him. I'd have to ask what Jay was up to later on instead. He wasn't in this lesson, he was lucky enough to be in Megan's set, so I'll ask before Stanley picks us up.

*****

Jay wasn't busy this weekend - thank God, I couldn't have just sat around. Megan was going shopping with her mum, sister and grandma into Kingston all day tomorrow so I'd have been on my own and I wasn't staying in.