Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

-Then-

   I stomped towards the bastard who had beat the shit out of my best friend and pulling my fist back, I landed it square where I intended  - right at the base of his neck. Cutting his breathing off, I then went for his stomach, landing punch after punch until he bent over. He barely had time to react I was going that fast. I was fuming!

   I pushed him away from me and although he didn't go down, he stepped away from me. I cracked my neck and then my knuckles, a smirk playing on my lips as I saw him coughing and holding his throat. I had made sure that was a hard punch. Dick!

   He was older than us by at least five years - he had no right going after Jay! Jay wasn't training as hard as I was - I think Stanley was trying to protect him from getting hit or something. Probably his mum telling him off. That meant that Jay was off limits - it wasn't a fair fight.

   After my own fight with Cameron I had be training so that I can hit him and it will be a fair fight but I hated Cameron for going after me when I was at my weakest. I suppose it was also my own fault for not backing down but it was over Megan and I had her now so he can fuck off.

   His eyes turned to slits but he barely had any more time to register what was happening when I ran towards him, an upper cut straight to the jaw and another jab at the kidneys. I was about to shove him further but he stood up. Shit! I got him in the kidneys - why was he not bent over in pain?

   He started walking towards me. "You are dead." He spat, his voice venomous. I gulped but I had got more than a few punches in - I was going to win this. I knew it. 

   He threw a punch - which I dodged but I didn't see the other one coming from underneath and the breath was suddenly knocked out of me completely. My chest tightened and I felt like I was going to be sick. 

   I stepped away but made sure it wasn't too far. My toes curled in my trainers as I held the pain in and stood back up straight away. 

   "I don't think so Rhys. All you do is bully younger kids!" I yelled at him and ran towards him, getting a good jab at his kidneys. He caught my chest, just left of my heart, the pain suddenly becoming so overwhelming painful I took a sharp breath in surprise.

   "You all need taking down a peg. None of you deserve to be here!" He yelled back. "Jay was being a cocky shit and he needed to shut up - in here, you don't talk about your problems you fight them out. If Jay can't handle that - that is his problem." Rhys spat. "It's unbelievable that he sent his guard dog." 

   Dog? Is he fucking kidding me? 

I went to throw another punch when my feet suddenly lifted off the ground and I was vaguely aware that I was being dragged back. This wasn't the first time this has happened in a fight and it was starting to piss me off!

   I struggled against their hold, my legs kicking out but it was to no avail. I wasn't giving up! I threw my head back, the crown of my skull smacking against someone's chin. They grunted and let me go. Seizing an opportunity and making a run towards Rhys I threw my arm back once more but I was that angry and focused that his leg kicking me landed straight into my already winded stomach before I even saw it.

   I landed onto my back and Rhys stood over me - his turn to smirk before he spat on me. I crawled backwards as quick as I could while he started to stomp his feet but I managed to dodge him fast enough. He stamped his foot onto something hard and cried in pain. Seizing an opportunity, I got back onto my feet and grabbed him by his t-shirt. I threw my arm back and punched him square in the face.