Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

December 2003

I gulped as I looked at Megan across the yard. I still hadn't asked her out yet. I wasn't even scared of Cameron but there was something that was blocking me from asking her and I didn't know what it was.

I had been learning to fight with Stanley and I could already see my muscles building. I felt tough and strong. If Cameron tried anything again he wouldn't win – if you could even call what happened last time a win.

Everything was back to normal now at school as well, no one called me weak apart from Cameron and his friends but they hadn't said anything in the past couple of weeks. Jay has had to hold me back from slamming him to the ground a few times though.

"Luke, come here a second!" I shouted as I leant against the brick wall.

Jay was skipping school so it was only Luke and I today. I mean, Nat was stood next to me with Ben but it wasn't the same. They were okay but that was all they were. Luke and Jay had a laugh with me but the rest didn't.

He jogged over to me from where he had been stood with Jenny Watson. They had been going out for a couple of weeks but Luke had told me that he was already bored of her because her parents wouldn't let him in the house. Poor guy.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Was wondering if you were up to anything tonight?"

He shook his head, "No. Jenny won't even come to the park with me because she is scared of her parents. I'm going to have to dump her soon I swear." He replied with a frown. "She's good looking but definitely not worth the hassle."

I nodded in agreement. "Go with Hayley and get rid of Jenny. We all know Hayley has a crush on you and she will probably do more with you as well." I advised. Hayley had been after him for a couple of months now. She was good looking with her short, blonde hair and she had a bit of spunk. Jenny was prettier but she wasn't worth it.

Plus, Hayley hung around with Megan where Jenny didn't. Hayley was obviously the bigger advantage. All I had to do now was ask out Megan myself and get Luke to ask Hayley out. Win win.

He seemed to be thinking about my suggestion. He turned around to watch Hayley from across the yard and the corner of his lip lifted into a smirk. "I could see myself dating her." He nodded. "She is popular enough."

She was definitely that! With Megan and Chantelle by her side she cruised to the top of the ladder. There were two groups of people at our school who were popular, those who misbehaved and had a laugh and those who were in the top sets. We mainly hung around together in one big group but there was a definite divide.

I preferred our side anyway because it was funny. We didn't shy away from anything that would get us in trouble because it was one, big laugh to us. I mean, the rules were there to break, surely? Also, what was the point in even trying? When you enjoy yourself in lesson it goes faster.

"How about, I will ask out Hayley as soon as you ask Megan out." Luke told me. "You need to ask her out man, it has been two months she would have forgotten about that stupid fight by now."

I sucked in a huge breath. I needed to do this – he was right. There was nothing to be afraid of. If she say's no then my whole life will be ruined but there is a chance she will say yes as well. And why would she not say yes? There was nothing wrong with me as far as I could see.