The Legend: Part II - Chapter 3 - The Marked One

Link's P.O.V

"Link...." A voice trailed. I stirred myself awake at the voice. Zelda remained asleep by my side so it wasn't her who was calling my name. The voice was rough and raspy. I shimmied out of bed carefully in hopes I wouldn't wake up Zelda. I wandered towards the balcony to see the doors wide open and the curtains flapping strongly against the wind. I pulled back the curtains to reveal the balcony. The night was quiet and the moon was full. Its bright light was stronger without the clouds from the rainy season. I surveyed the area to see there was no one around. "Where did that voice come from?" I asked myself. "Link...." The voice called again. I quickly spun around towards Zelda's room to see that she was still asleep. There was no one there. Suddenly the voice came again but this time much more louder and with more of a demeaning attitude. "Link!" It shouted. I jumped around again to see that the Fierce Deity Mask sat idly on the edge of the balcony's arm rail. I slowly approached it. "Was the mask talk to me?" I asked myself. The longer I stared at the mask the longer I felt the need to put it on. I shook my head and snatched the Mask from its post. I marched back into Zelda's room and stripped my shirt off. I then quickly wrapped the mask up with the shirt and tossed it next to my boots and sword. I glanced at the mask once more before I snuggled back in with Zelda. I lied there beside her deep in thought.  "That mask was under lock and key." I told myself. The key was here with me and there was no other spare. The more I thought about it the stranger it seemed how the mask got here. It basically approached me. "Does it want me to put it on?" I thought. Something deep within me told me it was meant to be. The mask and I. But in the back of my mind I could hear Ronin's grandfather and his story. I reached out to the mask on the floor until I heard Zelda stir. "Link?" She called. I quickly snapped out of it and went back to her. "Yes love?" I answered. Zelda blushed and then smiled. "Come here." She demanded. I crawled over to her. She sat up and faced me. "What's the matter?" She asked as If she could see the worry on my face. "Can't sleep." I admitted. Zelda gestured for me to come closer. I did so and she lowered my head into her lap. "Close your eyes." She instructed. I did so and then listen for further instruction. I felt her hand in my hair. She began to soothingly playing with my hair as she hummed a sleepy tune. I almost instantly felt my eyes droop and my mind wander. Just when I thought I was about to fall asleep something came over me. I quickly sat up and surprised Zelda. "Link?" She questioned. I didn't look at her  and ran into her wash room. "Link....Link....Link....Link!" The voice chanted. I dunked my head into the basin and poured water over my head. Zelda was instantly by my side. I didn't know what was happening but I felt like I was loosing my mind.