The Legend: Part II: Chapter 21 - Time to Balance the Scales

Armani's P.O.V

"Are you insane?" Father scolded as he shut the door to my room behind him. "This Link fellow is a hero amongst these people. They look up to him. If you kill him a rebellion could form the minute you come to power." He added. I sat back in one of the floral arm chairs in the room as I picked at my fingernails. "Once Link is dead there will no longer be a threat to me or Termina's army. We can take Castle Town once I'm crowned King and ravage the place to send back supplies to Termina. Once our people are back on their feet they can make the trek here and start their lives here." I explained. "And how do you think that will settle with the Hyrulians? With Zelda?" Father asked me. "We need able bodies in Termina to reconstruct the land and harvest whats left of that god forsaken place." I suggested. "You mean make them our slaves?" Father inquired. "That's brilliant son!" He boasted as he patted me on the back. "But what makes you so sure that you can beat Link. You've seen the extent of his strength son. You can't beat him unless you find a way to balance the scales." He explained. "You mean cheat?" I asked. "Perhaps." Father laughed as he opened one of the drawers inside the desk inside the room. "I brought this all the way from Termina. I wasn't sure if I would need it or not but this seems appropriate." Father explained as he fished out a small vial with a thick yellow liquid inside it. "What is that?" I questioned. "A type of poison created by one of the Witches from beyond the Great Sea. I had acquired this on my journey here." Father answered. He handed the vial to me carefully and then sat next to me in the other chair within the room. "Will it kill him?" I asked. "No, but it will weaken him. He will become violently ill. To the point where he can't possibly stand. Give this to him and then push for the duel as soon as possible. Link is stubborn and will not turn down a fight no matter how weak his state is. Then you will take your chance and finish him. " Father explained. "Once he is dead then what should I do?" I asked.  "Marry Zelda. That is your main priority. Doing so will secure our station here. Do you understand your duty?" Father asked me. "Yes, I understand Father." I stated. "Good. Then I shall make my leave here and return to Termina. I shall ready our army and prepare our people for the move to Hyrule. Send word to me once Link is dead and you have made Zelda your wife." He instructed. "Of course Father." I stated. "Get the job done. I will see you soon my boy." Father stated as he left the room and made his leave of Hyrule.