The Legend: Part II: Chapter 43 - A Visit From the Past

Link's P.O.V

"Haha! What hatred this boy has for you! It feels so....so....right!" Fierce Deity laughed as he unsheathed his sword. "Mido! Protect Zelda!" I commanded as I charged Fierce Deity instantly. Our blades clashed and we met off at a chance. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Mido running to Zelda's side. He guarded her bravely as both Hyrule's and Termina's guards clashed.  "Armani this isn't you! Fierce Deity is using you!" I explained. "I've never felt more powerful in my life Link!" Armani's voice stated. "He doesn't need a leash like you did Link, he's far more conventional." Fierce Deity stated. It was strange to see two different people with two different souls  speak and move in the same body. Fierce Deity charged me and we battled back and forth exchanging blows until someone's guard was weakened. But neither of us let our guard down. We were equally matched. "I learned a bit of your moves while stuck in that body of yours Link, sorry none of your usual attacks will work!" Fierce Deity laughed. I huffed in frustration as I tried multiple other attacks but Fierce Deity saw them all coming. Suddenly he jumped back to distance himself from me. He lifted his sword skyward and let the blade gather energy. It pulsed as he slashed it towards me causing a blast of raw energy to fire at me. By pure impulse I blocked the attack with the Master Sword. I watched in amazement as the ancient sword deflected the blast with ease. "What?!" Fierce Deity exclaimed as I appeared unharmed from his attack. "Impossible!" He shouted. The Master Sword gleamed and its gem pulsed as I twirled the blade in my hand. I then felt the urge to lift the sword skyward. I mimicked Fierce Deity's attack to find a new found attack was bestowed upon me. The heavens opened up and sunlight shined down. The Master Sword pulsed and gained energy from the sky above as if it was alive. I watched in amazement as the sword pulsed with a blue and pure light. I then turned to face Fierce Deity. His features were twisted in anger as he watched the Goddesses bestow this power onto me. "This ends now!" I shouted as I slashed my sword at Fierce Deity. The energy pulsed from the tip of the blade and shot at Fierce Deity with great speed and strength. He was blasted back several feet and his chest was charred from the strength of the blast. He lay on his back unmoving. Suddenly everyone around us stopped fighting to see what had just happened. Zelda pushed past Mido and ran to my side. "We have to close the portal Link." She alerted me. I nodded my head in agreement as she fished out the Ocarina of Time and began to play a tune to warp us back to the Temple of Time. "Ha! You're too late! My army is crawling through that portal as we speak!" Fierce Deity laughed. Zelda ignored him and continued to play but as we began to teleport Fierce Deity lunged at us and grabbed onto me. We transported to the Temple of Time in a matter of seconds. Fierce Deity and I struggled with each other as we skidded across the tile floor. The portal was still open and what Fierce Deity had said was obviously true as undead soldiers crawled through the portal to travel from the past into the present. "Link!" Zelda shouted as Fierce Deity lifted me into the air and tossed me at the Temple's wall. I hit the solid concrete causing the broken arrow in my shoulder to shove even deeper into my flesh. I cried out in pain as fresh blood spurted out from my arm. It drenched the back of my tunic and I was loosing too much of it too fast. "Close the portal Zelda!" I shouted as I attempted to attack Fierce Deity. I watched as Zelda ran past the fight between Fierce Deity and I and towards the altar where a couple of undead soldiers had managed to come through the portal. She kicked them down and landed various punches causing them to falter and fall back into the portal. "That's my girl." I smirked.  She then brought the ocarina to her lips and began to play a tune. "No!" Fierce Deity shouted as he quickly kicked my legs out from under me and made his way towards Zelda. I quickly got back on my feet but when I looked up Zelda was already in Fierce Deity's clutches. "Zelda!" I cried out as Fierce Deity stabbed her in the stomach. I watched in horror as Fierce Deity managed to kill not just the love of my life but my child as well. "No!" I cried as I fell to my knees. He tossed Zelda's lifeless body and then ran at me. I didn't even have the chance to mourn as I tried to evade Fierce Deity's attacks. "You will pay for this!" I swore as anger and sorrow filled me. As I deflected his attacks I searched for the Ocarina of Time. I spotted it by Zelda. I then made a plan to go and grab it and close the portal. "You're weak Link! You and I had the potential to rule this timeline and many more to come. We would have been invincible!" Fierce Deity explained. "Shut up!" I exclaimed as I clocked him directly in the face. Fierce Deity staggered backwards as he held his nose. I took that opportunity to run over to Zelda and scoop up the Ocarina of Time. Fierce Deity saw what I was doing and quickly ran at me. On pure impulse I chucked the ocarina into the portal in hopes to keep it out of Fierce Deity's clutches. "You idiot! Now you can't use it!" He laughed. Suddenly a blast of pure light exploded from the portal. It was blinding as both Fierce Deity and I were flung back by the sheer force of the power. I landed beside Zelda's form. Her chest was heaving and she was still breathing. "Zelda?" I called. She groaned in response. "You're alive!" I exclaimed as I placed my hand on her wound to help clot the blood. "Don't worry Zelda we'll get out of this." I promised. "Did someone drop this?" A voice questioned. I looked up to see it was me holding the Ocarina of Time in his hands. Well not exactly me, but someone who looked like me. "Its your ancestor." Zelda choked out. "Shhh! Don't try to speak." I begged as I brushed the hair out of her face. Someone else stepped out from behind my ancestor who looked exactly like Zelda. They both looked over in our direction and quickly moved towards us. "What happened?" Zelda's ancestor asked as she lifted Zelda's head into her lap. "She was stabbed. She was with child....I ....couldn't protect her....I'm sorry." I cried. "You're so weak." Fierce Deity laughed. Both my ancestor and I stood up at the sight of Fierce Deity. "Wow! This just got more interesting. There's two of you and only one of me. That hardly seems fair." He laughed as he gestured to the two of us. "I'll take care of her, while you two take care of him." Zelda's ancestor stated as she began to tend to Zelda. I nodded at my ancestor in agreement as he unsheathed his sword. "Let's do this." He stated.