The Legend: Part II: Chapter 44 - The End of Fierce Deity

Link's P.O.V

My ancestor and I fought perfectly in synch. For every attack I enforced he did so on the open side of Fierce Deity's defense. He was overly exposed and soon my ancestor and I had him on the ropes. Even though we currently had the upper hand my shoulder began to slow me down. I was in a great deal of pain and tried to push through but the broken arrow in my shoulder was preventing my arm from rotating properly. Fierce Deity took advantage of this and focused his attacks on my weakened side. He managed to knick my arm with his sword only worsening my condition. "Hyah!" My ancestor shouted as he swung down at Fierce Deity at the same time I did. Fierce Deity was unable to fend for himself while we both attacked. As we both brought down our swords on him he fell back leaving his chest completely opened. At the same exact time both my ancestor and I stabbed Fierce Deity in the chest. "This isn't the end! I'll find another body! I will rise again!" He vowed as the light left his eyes. The mask slipped off of Armani's face freeing him of Fierce Deity's clutches. "Do you realize what you've done? If I die Termina and Hyrule will go to war. You've sealed your kingdoms fate." He choked out. "No, we've only sealed yours." My ancestor stated as he ripped his blade out from Armani's chest causing him to bleed out. As he bleed out he reached for the Fierce Deity mask on the floor but I quickly kicked his hand away and picked up the mask. "Curse you Link!" He shouted as his breathing began to slow and then stop all together. Armani was dead. I then took a moment to kneel beside him and close his eyes. No one every deserved death, but Armani's lust for power is what got him killed. "Link come quick!" Zelda's ancestor called. Both my ancestor and I beckoned to her call and appeared by her side. Zelda was fading and fast. "Link...The baby....Save...Him...Not...Me." She begged.  "Forget it Zellie, you're both getting out of this. You're both coming home. Its all going to be okay." I promised. She smiled softly as she reached for my hand. "Name him Ronin." She suggested. My heart lurched in my chest at the thought of Ronin. His death will haunt me forever, but his bravery made me prouder than anyone else could. "Ronin it is. But what if its a girl?" I inquired.  "Its a boy." She coughed. "A mother knows." Zelda's ancestor chuckled. "We have to close the portal." My ancestor stated. Zelda nodded her head in agreement as she released my hand. "I think it would be best if you gave us the mask." My ancestor suggested. I handed the mask to him with ease and felt an enormous weight lift off of my shoulders as the mask was no longer in my grasp. Suddenly something hit me. "The Resurrection Mask!" I exclaimed. Both my ancestor and Zelda's shot me a confused look as I fished out the mask from my pouch. I had completely forgotten about the mask, luckily I had it with me to save Zelda and hopefully my son as well. I ran to Zelda's side and placed the mask on her face. Instantly the mask took in effect. All of her wounds began to heal and the blood was soaked back into her body. The major wound inflicted on her stomach by Fierce Deity closed up and all internal damage was healed. Hopefully the child made it. "Please...Please...Please." I begged as I held Zelda's hand and focused on her swollen belly. Once she was fully healed she gasped for air and sat up. "What happened?" She inquired. I leaned forward and removed the mask from her face. "You nearly died.....again." I chuckled. She rolled her eyes at me in response. "We need to close the portal." She reminded me. I then helped her up and approached our ancestors. Zelda's ancestor handed her the Ocarina of Time. "I will be needed both those masks Master Link." Zelda's ancestor stated. "What do you plan on doing with them?" I asked her. "They must be returned to the spirit in the moon. These masks contain too much power for our kind. They much be taken far away and kept out of reach." She explained. "Destroy the Ocarina of Time  once you close the portal. It is the only way to insure that this can never happen again." My ancestor explained. I nodded my head in acknowledgement. "The future seems bright at the sight of you two." Zelda's ancestor chuckled. My ancestor then grabbed her hand and led her into the portal. They then disappeared taking the masks with them. Zelda then brought the ocarina to her lips and played a tune which in turn closed to portal. Once it was closed it was silent within the Temple of Time. Zelda then turned to me and smiled. "We did it!" She laughed. I then quickly scooped her up and spun her in the air. "Yes we did." I laughed. I then brought her down and felt a stinging pain in my shoulder. "Ouch!" I cried as I held my arm in pain. "Here let me look at it." She insisted. "No, we must destroy the Ocarina of Time first." I stated. Zelda glanced at the instrument in her hand. "I'll do it." She offered as she began to walk away from me. She then placed the instrument on the ground and backed away from it. Zelda whispered a couple words in Hylian until an orb of light appeared in her hand. She fired the orb at the Ocarina of Time causing it to shatter. I then felt a rush to my head and became very dizzy. "Link are you okay?" Zelda asked as I fell to my knees. "I've lost a lot of blood." I explained. "Let's get you home." Zelda stated as she helped me up. We then walked together out of the Temple of Time and let the doors close behind us sealing the temple forever.