The Legend: Part II: Chapter 48 - Trouble in Paradise

Link's P.O.V

I awoke to find Zelda gone from our bed. She was always and early riser, while I on the other hand enjoyed my sleep. I groaned as I rolled over onto my back and kicked off the sheets. I then got dressed in my new royal garb. It was just like my old green tunic except with a few new upgrades. The fabric was soft and was dyed a fine royal blue. It was adorned with gold trimmings and a belt made from strong leather. I tied up my boots and adjusted my cloak that was pinned by a brooch on my shoulder. I never found myself the type for dressing up but I was King now and I had to look the part. Once I was completely dressed I left the room to find Zelda. I assumed she was in the throne room so I made my way there. When I entered the hall I saw Zelda conversing with all of the other sages of the land. Queen Rutella and her son Ralis was there as well as Nabooru, Elder Mora, and Mayor Bo. "Well if it isn't Hyrule's new King!" Mayor Bo exclaimed as he hugged me. "Its been too long!" He boomed as he patted me on the back. "It truly has. How is everything in Ordon?" I asked. "Everything is fine. The children miss you and so does Rusl and Uli. You should come and visit them soon." He suggested. "I intend to make my way there today. I have to travel to the Lost Woods to retrieve something." I explained. "So your wife has told us." Elder Mora stated. "We've looked more into this seedling from the text." Queen Rutella interjected. I turned to face the Queen of the Zoras who seemed rather uneasy. "What's wrong?" I inquired. Zelda then interjected. "The Great Deku Tree only releases such a seedling every century or so." Zelda explained. "So you suspect there is no seedling?" I inquired. "It won't hurt to go and check." Nabooru added. "I agree." Elder Mora interjected. Zelda seemed uneasy at the group's vote. "I'm not so sure we should risk sending out new King out when his Queen is with child." Queen Rutella stated as she gestured towards Zelda. My Queen nodded her head in agreement.   I could see that me leaving upset Zelda so I tried to sway her. "Zelda we spoke with Laura just a few days ago you aren't due for another month." I tired. "I think this discussion is best served between the newly weds." Queen Rutella stated as she assured the rest of the sages out of the throne room. Once we were alone Zelda began to yell. "We don't know if its just a month. The Resurrection Mask could have altered the pregnancy in some way. I just want you close incase Ronin comes early." Zelda explained. "I understand Zelda, but you have to let me do this. For some reason I feel like I have to do this. Let me show everyone that I;m not just some King who will sit by and do nothing." I tried. Zelda's eyes softened at my words. "You don't have to prove yourself to your people Link they already know what a hero you are." Zelda stated. I smiled at her from across the table. "I won't be gone long. It will take two days at most." I stated. "Fine, but if you're gone longer than 48 hours I'm sending in the Royal Guard." Zelda huffed. "Thank you Zellie." I chuckled. "You're welcome." Zelda huffed as I kissed her on the forehead and left.