The Legend: Part II: Chapter 12 - Fierce Deity

Link's P.O.V

After I left Zelda with the royals of Termina I returned to the training grounds. I pushed my recruits hard and found myself also tired after the long and stressful day. The voices had luckily stopped but now that the recruits had gone to bed and I was alone they returned. "Link....Come to me. Link...." The voice repeated over and over. I shook it off and tried to wander to my room. My quarters were just across from the training grounds so it wasn't too long of a trek. Once I made it there I kicked off my boots and peeled off my filthy clothes. "Link...."The voice called. I covered my ears and marched towards my bed. As I lit a candle and placed it on the night stand beside my bed the mask was revealed. It sat idle on my bed. "How did it get here?" I ask myself. The mask clearly had magical properties but just the fact that it could transport by itself was unnerving. Suddenly it was silent and my name was no longer being called. I picked up the mask and sat on the edge of my bed. Gently I flipped the mask over. Something deep within me felt connected to this mask. It was like a magnetic pull almost. Suddenly I recalled Ronin's Grandfather and his words of wisdom. "The Fierce Deity mask gave him great strength and immortality. But some say the mask consumed him and the spirit of the mask took control of him." He had explained. I recalled the story of the warrior and the masks that were given to him by the spirits. He had used the Resurrection Mask to raise an undead army and the Fierce Deity Mask to become invincible. "Fierce Deity." I whispered aloud. Suddenly the mask called out to me once more. "Put me on." It instructed. I felt a sudden need to put the mask on. Carefully I brought the mask to my face and put it on. Almost instantly I felt the mask latch on. A surge of ultimate power and strength rushed through my body and I saw my body change before me. My muscles expanded and my body twitched from the change. It felt like electricity was flowing through me. I was unable to move and had no control. "Finally! A body!" A voice stated in my head. "Who's there?" I asked. "Oh Link this never would have been possible without you. I am so very grateful." The voice thanked. "Fierce Deity?" I inquired. "The one and only!" The voice boomed.