The Legend: Part II: Chapter 46 - The Wedding

Link's P.O.V

After Laura had me all stitched up I waited for Zelda's return within the castle. My shoulder was in a great deal of pain but thankfully Laura a had prescribed me a few red potions to num the pain. The ligaments in my shoulder where damaged severely and would take a great time to heal according to Laura. She had instructed that I stay in bed but of course I didn't listen. I needed to see Zelda. I needed to make sure she and our unborn child was okay. The moment I heard word that she had returned I left my bed and waited for her by the castle gates. In the distance I could see a mass of men behind her. Zelda had clearly managed to make peace between Termina and Hyrule as she rode her horse gallantly. Her head was held high and she smiled. She was so beautiful and was a true benevolent queen in every way. I couldn't be more proud of her. "What are you doing walking about?! You're supposed to be resting!" She scolded as she dismounted her horse and made her way towards me. "You know I can't sit still." I groaned. "Its for your own good!" She exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at her as I knelt to the round. She gasped in quiet response as I placed my ear to her swollen belly. "I hear a heartbeat." I whispered. I then glanced up at Zelda to see her smiling down at me. "He survived." I stated in relief. "He is your son after all." Zelda teased. I laughed in response as I stood back up and grabbed Zelda's hand. "My son, Ronin." I laughed. It felt so strange and exciting to say that. I was to be a father and that was to be an adventure in itself. "But what if it's a girl?" I inquired. "We've gone over this Link, its going to be a boy I can tell." Zelda laughed. "Okay but just humor me if it was a girl what would you like her name to be?" I asked. "Impa." Zelda answered without hesitation. I saw a glimmer of sadness in Zelda's eyes as she looked down at her stomach. Impa was the closest thing to a mother Zelda had ever had. I could tell she missed Impa greatly. "That's perfect! I love it!" I exclaimed as I hugged Zelda. She giggled in response as we walked together towards the castle.  All was right with the world  again. There was no looming threat, there was no death, there was only peace and happiness. Zelda and I were to be married and I was to be King of Hyrule. Such a responsibility paled in comparison to the responsibility of becoming a father. To be honest I was more nervous becoming a father than becoming a King. Thankfully I would have Zelda by my side for both. After the soldiers from Termina was sent home with a shipment of supplies and healers Zelda and I were to be wed. The wedding was large and the whole kingdom was invited. It was a clear and beautiful day but not as beautiful as my bride. Zelda was practically glowing as she walked down the aisle towards me. The procession ended with us making our vows and slipping our rings on each other's fingers. We kissed and the whole kingdom cheered for we were finally together.