The Legend: Part II: Chapter 33 - The Forest Temple

Zelda's P.O.V

Navi and I had both decided to travel to Lake Hylia first. The trip there was short and we arrived within the day. But as we neared Zora's Domain we found it in a horrible state. Many of the Zora's were wounded while the rest were dead. Queen Rutella and Prince Ralis were tending to the wounded when we arrived. Navi flew towards the two Zora's and asked them what happened. "What happened here? Was Link here?" She questioned. Queen Rutella's face hardened. "Yes he was here. He did this! He attacked my people!" She exclaimed in anger. "Please don't be angry with him. Its not his fault. He's been possessed." I tried. "Possessed or not I can't forgive him. The damage is done." Rutella explained. Prince Ralis appeared to disagree with his mother as he glanced at me. "Zelda forgive my mother. She is only caring for her people. We know Link is a friend. Yet it's strange to think he could do this. " Ralis explained. "I know. I understand. I must ask you though did he take anything?" I questioned. "He took our spirit stone." Rutella answered. "How he got it I don't know. The temple where the stone was kept is deep beneath Lake Hylia, yet somehow he managed to dive below without coming up for a single breath." Rails explained. "He did not appear to be wearing a Zora scale, so we don't know how he managed to survive the swim." Rutella explained. "He already has two spiritual stones Zelda. He will be heading to Faron Woods next. " Navi added. "There's an underground stream that leads to Faron Woods from Zora's Domain. It's much faster than a trip across Hyrule Field. You could beat him there." Rails explained. "That's perfect!" I exclaimed. Queen Rutella suddenly stepped forward. "Zelda I am aware of your feelings for the Hero, but Link does not appear to be the same. Please be careful." She suggested. I nodding my head in acknowledgment but ignored her warning. I did not fear Link. I loved him. He wouldn't hurt me. Prince Ralis gave me a Zora scale and directed us to the underground stream. "The current is strong so try not to swim against it. Just go with it and you should arrive in Faron Woods in just a few minutes." Prince Ralis explained. I stepped forward and hugged him. "Thank you." I stated. "Bring Link back home Zelda." He stated. "I will." I said as I waded in the stream. "Uh I can't swim!" Navi exclaimed. "There isn't much time Navi." I sighed. "I have an idea!" Navi exclaimed. "I can fly pretty fast, but not as fast as that stream. I'll go to Gerudo Valley and check on Armani and mack sure he stay off the trail." She explained. "Sounds good. Please be careful Navi." I begged. "Right back at you missy." Navi laughed as she flew away. I then turned towards the stream and dived into the water. The current was strong and took me away instantly. Thankfully I had the Zora scale so I breathed easily as the water swept me away. I was transported to Faron Woods in a matter of minutes. Quickly I burst to the surface and swam to the shore line. I was within the Lost Woods from what I could tell as I wrung out my hair and walked amongst the trees. Light, cheerful music carried through the air. I followed it until I found its source, it was Skull Kid. He was sitting on a tree stump happily playing on his instrument. "Hello?" I called. Skull Kid jumped in surprise and fell of the stump. I giggled in response. Skull Kid then sat up and adjusted his hat. He saw me and began to jump up and down happily. He ran to me and grabbed my arm and shook it as a greeting. "Its good to see you too!" I laughed. Once he calmed down I knelt down to his eye level. "Can you take me to the temple?" I asked. Skull Kid nodded his head yes and then took off running. I ran to keep up with him but I struggled to has I felt the baby inside me kick around. I stopped in my tracks and placed my hand on my belly. "Skull Kid wait!" I shouted. He stopped running and the turned to look at me. "Come here!" I stated. He did so until he was beside me again. "Here give me your hand." I stated. Skull Kid seemed suspicious of the request as he narrowed his eyes at me. "Just give it to me silly." I laughed as I grabbed his hand. Carefully I placed his hand on my stomach where I felt the baby kicking. Skull Kid's eyes widened is surprise. He smiled and then placed the side of his head on my stomach. He pointed to my belly in excitement as he pulled away from me. "When he's born I'll make sure you two meet okay?" I inquired. Skull Kid gleefully jumped up and down at the suggestion. "Alright, I'm ready now. Lead the way." I stated Skull Kid then took my hand and lead me towards the temple. I was lucky to have found him. The Lost Woods was a strange place and it was of course very easy to get lost in. After we turned a few corners the temple was revealed through the trees. It appeared untouched and appeared to be vacant. " It seems I had beaten Link here. Perhaps I can find the last spiritual stone before he gets here. " I thought to myself. I approached the temple's doors and felt a tug on my arm. Skull Kid appeared nervous as he looked around frantically. "Just wait out here. I'll only be a moment." I stated as I entered the temple. I took the stairs downward until I entered the main hall of the temple it appeared the same as the last time Link and I was here. I followed the hall until I saw that the altar from before was open like a door. I went inside and found an empty room with an open chest in the center of it. "This must be where Link found the masks." I thought as I scooped out the room. There appeared to be no secret lever or doors in the room. I approached the chest and lifted it off of the ground. Underneath the chest was a tile with the symbol of the Triforce. "Gotcha!" I exclaimed. I knelt down and placed the palm of my hand on the mark of Triforce. I used my power to open the seal that locked the secret door. Suddenly the tile on the floor disappeared and a hole in the ground appeared. I carefully lowered myself into it and dropped down to a room below. The room was lit with torches, and quite large, yet empty. I took a step forward but as I did the room began to shake. The ground was covered in sand. It was still until a shape slithered beneath the sand. A large serpent like beast burst out form underneath the sand. Not its head sat the spirit stone in all its glory. "You've got to be kidding me." I groaned as I prepared for battle.