Chapter Twenty Nine

The next morning I woke up in Luke's arm, the best way to wake up. The room was so cold, just how I like it, and being half under blankets wrapped up in Luke was the only warmth I needed.

I was glad we had worked things out last night. I was so scared that things were going to end right before they really started. I keep telling myself how scary in love I was with Luke because the scary part is I didn't know what to do without him. Even when we weren't friends I still thought about him quite a lot. He was always around and that didn't help the fact that I'd still had a crush on him. I loved to hate him.

I laughed at the thought.

I always tried to convince Michael I hated Luke but he and I both knew myself all too well.

I was worried about college and what was to come of our life. What if we wanted to go to two different school maybe in two different states? Would we handle being far from each other? Would he be able to see why life was really like without me? Would he like it?

"Baby, what in the world are you thinking about?" Luke's raspy morning voice made me jump out of my thoughts.

"Luke, you scared me." I laughed.

"What are you thinking about you look almost scared..." Luke leaned on his arm to look over me. He took his other and brushed my cheek.

I leaned into the touch with a smile. "I was thinking about us."

"Well now I'm a little concerned since your facial expression didn't look so happy." He laughed.

I looked up at him and our eyes met. "Luke what are we going to do about school?"

"What do you mean?" He smiled.

I sighed, I didn't want to seem like the vulnerable little girl. "I mean like college. What if want to go two different places completely far away?" I was getting a little fluster.

"Gwen, hey. We'll figure this out, even if we have to compromise." He laughed. "I'm just glad you've thought about it too."

"What?" I looked up at him.

He took his hand moving down my body. "I was think about it after prom. I knew even if you wanted to go to Mars for school id be right behind you because I can't be away from you. I already was for too long. I can't be away again I've already lost too much time."

"Luke Hemmings are you blushing?" I grinned.

He rolled his eyes with a smile. "Way to kill a moment, Gwen." He laid back down next to me.

I giggled and rolled over onto his chest. "Luke I'm just glad we're both on the same page. I was afraid I was becoming on of those lovesick girls who follows their boyfriend to the end of the earth. I didn't want to seem weak I just love you so much."

"I am pretty great." Luke stated a matter of factly.

"Way to kill a moment, Hemmingsway." I said and he giggled.

"I guess we are pretty perfect together." We smiled at each other before Luke's stomach growled.

"Well, looks like someone's hungry." I said rubbing where the noise came from.

"Yeah, let's round up the boys so we can go somewhere to eat."

"Hell yeah." I said as Luke laughed and we got ready.
____________________________________________

The five of us were settled at some crab shack on the beach. We had this awesome crab dip that was so good we had to order two.

"So everyone here is good and happy?" Calum said but he was looking I between Luke and I. The other boys nodded but I smiled and said, "As good as ever."