Chapter Three

It was Wednesday and I was ready to get home. The final bell rang and I headed to my locker. I opened my locker and grabbed my backpack. I stuffed my math book and my notepad into my bag as Luke approached his locker. He was going to be coming home with me this afternoon, since that's what we agreed on.

We had only really said, 'hi' to each other at our lockers all week. Plus, he hadn't texted me since the whole Golden Girls thing. Not that I had been waiting.

"Hey, Gwen?" Luke asked.

I shut my locker and turned to him, "Yea Luke?"

"We're still on for after school, right?"

I nodded, "Yea, of course. I'm just about to head home." I looked over to Michael's locker where he was packing, then back at Luke.

"Okay, great." He said stuffing his English book into his bag, along with some others. "I'll meet you there then."

I was about to say alright when someone rudely interrupted me. "Lukey! You want to hang out today?" it was Vanessa Jade. She made fun of the way I kicked a ball in middle school, haven't liked her since.

I guess I was staring because she looked at me and said, "Take a picture it will last longer."

"Wow, good one. Did you get that witticism from your grandmother? Cause I'm sure it's as old as her." I spat. I had no idea where that came from. This was my space and she was intruding and Lukey? If she really knew him she'd know he hates that pet name.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Luke bust out into a fit of laughter, shutting his locker. "What the hell?" Vanessa said.

I was about to go off on her when Luke spoke. "Whoa," he stepped between us. He stood in front of me and used a hand to grab mine. I figured it was to calm me down but it only made me more nervous. "Sorry Vanessa, not today. I have plans with Gwen."

She scoffed, "Who?"

Really bitch, we've gone to school together for eight years.

Luke spoke, "My poor friend you're being so rude to."

"Yea," I spoke. "So if you're done getting rejected by Luke I'd like to go home please."

She squawked and walked away. I looked around to notice that a couple of people and started staring. Luke still had my hand and quickly started to drag me out of the hallway. We were buy the door when Luke grabbed Michael, who has a quizzical look, with his other hand.

Luke hauled us out of the school. When we finally got to the parking lot Luke busted into a fit of more laughs. Michael asked, "What the hell happened?" Luke had started then to try and explain what happened when he couldn't stop laughing. Which only made Michael want to know more. We stopped at my car and I realized I was giggling.

Luke still couldn't stop laughing enough to tell Michael. I spoke, "Let Luke drive to our house so he can collect himself. Then he can tell you when we're there."

Michael and Luke both nodded.

We got to my house and all went in. Luke was smiling really big, "Gwen, I can't believe you did that."

I smiled and told the boys I was going to change. I walked upstairs when I heard Michael say, "Stop laughing and tell me what happened!" Which only made Luke giggle even more.

I was in my room changing and grabbing my laptop when I heard two eruptions of laughter downstairs. Guess Luke finally stopped laughing long enough to tell Mikey the story. It made me smile.

I walked back downstairs and into the kitchen where the boys where eating chips and excitedly talking about what happened between Vanessa and I. I walked over grabbing a chip when Michael asked me, "Can I barrow your balls sometime?"