Chapter Two

I woke up to the sound of my alarm and Michael singing Iron Maidens, Wasted Years in the shower. One of the great things about sharing a bathroom with Michael when he was over, was his singing. I picked up my phone to turn off my alarm, it was 10:30. Which meant I had one hour before Luke got here.

        My mom was at her book club meeting until 12:30. My dad was at his brother's house, who knows how long he'd be over there. I got up and got picked out some clothes. I grabbed my Elvis Costello shirt, underwear, and my black shorts from P.I.N.K.

I banged on the door, "Hurry up."

He stopped singing, "One minute Miss. Isaac's" I heard the shower turn off. Michael started humming the song and I heard him step out of the shower. Then he unlocked the door. I walked in and saw him seeing him go into 'his room.' I put my stuff on the counter and got out my tooth brush. I started brushing and walked into Michael's room. "What up?" I said with the tooth brush in my mouth. He was standing there shirtless going through his drawers. He grabbed a shirt and turned around, "I'm good, girl. What's up?"

I shrugged going back into the bathroom, "Nothing much, just about to get ready." He put on his shirt and stood in the doorway, "You smell take a shower." I rinsed and whipped my mouth, "Michael, I'm so glad to have a friend like you." I said sarcastically.

He smiled, "You better hurry you have less than an hour. You got to look good." I rolled my eyes, "It's not a party."

"Sure it is," he retorted. "This party is going to be totally Rufus!"

I laughed, "Don't you get tired of quoting movies all the time?"

"Never Been Kissed is a classic, Gwen." He rolled his eyes with a laugh. "No you just love Drew Barrymore," I smiled.

He walked back into his room, "Take your shower."

I took a 15 minute shower and got ready. I had put on a touch of makeup and put my hair up into a messy bun. I put my Spiderman socks on and ran downstairs. I had about three minutes until 11:30. I ran into the kitchen to grab something to drink. Michael turned around from the couch, "Well, well, well. Someone looks pretty, don't they?"

I shot him a funny face and grabbed my drink. I walked over to the back of the couch where Michael was sitting. Right then the doorbell rang. Michael and I both shot our heads to look at each other.

"You open it," I said.

"No, you do it"

"Please Mikey!" I whined

"No Gwen, you're a big girl." The doorbell rang again.

"No I'm not, please!"

"Fine!" he shot up. "Go to the dinning room and I'll bring him in there."

"Okay," I said as we both walked into opposite directions. I had my stuff on the table and I sat down. I listened to Michael answer the door, "Hey Luke." I heard Michael say. "Michael, what's up? I didn't know you were here." Luke stated. "Come on in," Michael said. "Oh I practically live here." I heard them getting closer. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it to make me look busy.

"Oh," Luke said. "That's cool, it is a fun house to be in." Those words stung, if it was so fun maybe we'd still be friends. Michael spoke, "Yep, this is my second home. Well, practically my first." I smiled at that, and Michael walked into the room with Luke. I looked up, "Thanks Mikey."

"No problem," he said with a wink. "I'll be in the den if you need me." He walked out of the room leaving me with Luke.

"Hey," Luke said quietly.